AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Community Events > Northeast US Region

Notices

Old 04-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower
Arrow Tristate 2017! Pittsburgh,PA July 6th-9th

This is for the east coast guys who either didn't have time to drive to the NALM 2017 meet in California but want to have a barrel of fun that lasts a weekend and has plenty of things to do!

Arrival would be anytime Thursday July 6th, 2017 (some people are coming in sooner, if so I will have activities planned for those who want to come sooner). I know with it being after Fourth of July this day can consist of multiple things depending on when people plan on showing up. If a lot of people will be driving in for dinner, we can book a place to have a

Friday event would consist of meet & greet and wash cars/cruise/photos (where we go will depend on road construction) till 3pm we would leave for the Wexford Starlite car cruise (massive car show 500+ cars) free to enter, and the featured cars will be imports/exotics/AC cobras and legends! Dinner would be at that location (food vendors). Around 8-9pm we depart for dun dun the drag race event! The drive is about an hour away, $20-30 to race and $6-10 spectate. It's street car night with some race cars so we can go head to head against each other and get 3+ runs each. This event goes till 1-2am depending on weather and track conditions.

Saturday morning for those who want to attend the Pittsburgh Cars n Coffee event we can go there around 9:30am. We have some YouTube personalities that will be there with their cars. This part goes until 11:30am. Once this is done, we will be on our at to Youngstown, Ohio! Lunch will be at bar rescues TV famous Royal Oaks for BBQ lunch (amazing food at great pricing!). Then we will take a quick 10 minute drive to Sewell Racing! Where we will have a Dyno event as well as custom Dyno tunes will be available (must notify me prior and deposits required) IF wanted provided by Sewell racing. Once we head back to the hotel (probably around 7-8 pm) there's plenty of things we can do family friendly/car guy friendly/guys only friendly. So could be a Dave and busters trip (including pics at smoke stacks) or fast go karts at Monroeville, pa or just cruising around the city for pics on the mountains/overlooks/streets, group votes can decide. Pittsburgh is a "always something" city meaning there's always something going on, so we can adjust accordingly. I run a large car club in the city so if people wanted to see what pittsburgh car scene is all about I can make sure we have an event scheduled.

Sunday can be either beaver run (autocross) or Pittrace (actual race course like MSR at nalm 2015) depending on weather/pricing. If people don't want to 'abuse' their cars they can obviously leave early on this day.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts? If anyone wants to be a camera man there's a lot of great spots for pics, I can hire a video/camera crew to follow us for the weekend, all I ask is if you want more photos of your own car to please chip in on the bill.

Hotel will be Marriott in cranberry township. (Room mates still to be discounted)

Follow the updates on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/168346867013158/?ti=icl

Any questions post or ask them here, everyone is welcome and whatever car you have that drives bring it along!

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
TJcars2
The Mad Scientist

TJcars2 is on a distinguished road

This sounds interesting now that Im back in the great North East.

Sans the Legend, Im always in for group shenanigans.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

Love to have ya tj!

I found out sadly there will be some event changes because I can't get the track like we hoped... so I'm working on a backup plan. I'll be updating here and the Fb event page!

Spread the word!

Old 05-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #4
GreekPower

couple week bump

Old 06-26-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
TALRUDE
OG Member

TALRUDE is on a distinguished road

This meet still on?