AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 04-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
93type2

93type2 is on a distinguished road
Default Intake setup with tcs?

I have a 93 Legend 6 speed coupe and am looking for a cheap way (less than $80) to do an intake with the tcs system intact. If any of you guys with custom setups have pics or ideas it would be a great help!
93type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
93type2

Here's the section i'm referring to

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #3
scheibler

scheibler is on a distinguished road

Is that a MAF in the metal circled area? I see two...looks like vaccumm hoses connected to the plastic piping. Is there a cheaper piping that we can buy and add our own filters to? A pipe is a pipe to me.

I've only seen weapon R intakes for sale. Is there a CAI ebay clone or custom bent piping...size/diameter that anyones knows of?

I had a 2002 Acura CL-S that I bought an ebay CAI piping that fit kinda sketchy....got it to work and bought my own AEM Dry Flow Filter for $40-$45 and it worked better then any full CAI I Would have bought for $175-$250 namebrand. Was satisfied to have bought the VERY last headers for the CL-S from OBX or XS-headers for $125 and bought my own bolts/gaskets. That was the best money ever spent IMO. Single most HP gain in that car...even @ $700 just for a comptech header. Paid $130...well really $150-165 all said and done for 30whp....yea sounds rediculous right....Acura CL headers especially on the CL Type S where all diverted from every cilinder into one tube. Each cylinder had its own tube for $125............................

You get the drift....any alternatives to Weapon R or ????

On a side note...whats the best HP and or TQ gain on the Legend 5/6spd?
scheibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
93type2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheibler View Post
Is that a MAF in the metal circled area? I see two...looks like vaccumm hoses connected to the plastic piping. Is there a cheaper piping that we can buy and add our own filters to? A pipe is a pipe to me.

I've only seen weapon R intakes for sale. Is there a CAI ebay clone or custom bent piping...size/diameter that anyones knows of?

You get the drift....any alternatives to Weapon R or ????

On a side note...whats the best HP and or TQ gain on the Legend 5/6spd?
^Thanks for clarifying, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If I could find a pipe to fit after the MAF sensor that would be great, just don't know WHICH pipe would fit lol
Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #5
dooley
Virginian

dooley is on a distinguished road

you can buy this one and cut of the offset to match up. thats what i did. till my tcs went bad and just took it off and got another pipe for 10 bucks. why pay 150 for some pipe you can get for 10 dollars

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #6
scheibler

how would your tcs go bad? Got any pics? I've gott he 6spd with tcs...not sure about the original poster though
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
Grumpy
GSM

Grumpy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooley View Post
you can buy this one and cut of the offset to match up. thats what i did. till my tcs went bad and just took it off and got another pipe for 10 bucks. why pay 150 for some pipe you can get for 10 dollars
+$22 shipping.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #8
dooley
Virginian

dooley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheibler View Post
how would your tcs go bad? Got any pics? I've gott he 6spd with tcs...not sure about the original poster though
keep getting some weird code can't remeber off the top of my head what it was. BUT once i took it off the code went away and all my power was back.

still a good price $32 shipped for a short ram intake. but i didn't use the filter that came with it looked to cheap when i got it.
no to mention the pipe was aluminum. not some cheap chrome painted crap. like spectrum.
dooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
scheibler

so you lost power with the intake and got a code?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #10
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93type2 View Post
Here's the section i'm referring to

If you don't want/need the OEM breather tube (TCS to air box) and air box lid after your mod, let me know as I'd be interested in buying it.