AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 06-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
MondiVTEC
light that shit!

MondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura about
Default So im starting a business and want some input...

I have a small used car sales operation going and just wanted to know what cars you think sell the fastest. I dont want to sit on a car for more than 3 weeks.
  • they are auction cars
  • they have clean titles
  • i can choose from almost any car

I was thinking you cant really go wrong with corollas, civics, and accords but what im wondering if affordable used luxury cars or small suv's would sell faster

Two weeks ago i picked up an 04 Ford Explorer with 53k from Florida...i am closing the sale this week. Sale pending for $8000 cash upon it being checked out by his mechanic...book value $11,000 picked it up for $3500, put $700 in paint/body and $500 to ship to Boston

edit to add: if anyone is interested in a car PM me

91 Sedan Cobalt Blue on Type A Partout CLICK HERE!

92 Coupe Black on Type F Partout CLICK HERE!

2004 RL Silver on Type F Partout CLICK HERE!

Last edited by MondiVTEC; 06-02-2010 at 12:26 PM.
MondiVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #2
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Good luck to ya mayne. You would think people would get mostly 4 cylinder cars because they don't waste as much gas as the SUV, but if the SUV looks in great condition, you can have it sold in no time.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #3
ManOfBusiness
My Penis Has A Name

ManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the rough

Nice Bro. I'd stick to well known imports. mostly sedan. but thats just me.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

FIND ME A 6 SPEED KA8!!!!

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
MondiVTEC
light that shit!

MondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMondiVTEC has a spectacular aura about

thanks guys thats exactly the kind of input i need keep it coming. I know we are partial to hondas but do you think more civics or corollas sell? has toyotas name been trashed or do ppl still trust them?

edit: homeboy ill do what i can...most of the cars are like 2002+ if i find a local one you want me to inquire about it?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
ManOfBusiness
My Penis Has A Name

ManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the rough

corollas sell, but civics sell themselves IMO.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
Artillery129

Artillery129 will become famous soon enoughArtillery129 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, your not going to have to convince someone to buy a civic off of you, then again civics are a dime a dozen, everyone is selling them, why should they come to you? Perhaps you should specialize?
Artillery129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondiVTEC View Post
if i find a local one you want me to inquire about it?
Definitely, LMK A.S.A.P. if you find one.

Edit: People are looking for the looks, the space, and reliability of a vehicle without the hefty pricetag on it.

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
MondiVTEC
light that shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery129 View Post
Perhaps you should specialize?
exactly why i was contemplating the used luxury car market....my main source of advertising is going to be craigslist...if you look there, accords and civics are a dime a dozen....no matter what i sell tho im going to have highly competetive pricing..thats going to be what makes me stand out.

will do homeboy!

edit found one http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/1698491025.html

Last edited by MondiVTEC; 06-02-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #10
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Honestly, the market right now is geared towards economy, reliability, and being affordable. You're gonna do well with Civics and Corollas. Pre 2008 Corollas werent covered under the recall, and honestly, you cant argue with Toyota's proven track record up until their recent woes. Civics basically sell themselves, everyone thinks of a Civic when they think of fuel economy and reliability. Start off small, and then as the market begins to shift (and it will, always does in the car business), then you can shift into some luxury cars and SUV's. Remember it's hard times out there, so most of your customer base is going to be looking for ways to save money, and SUV's arent selling as well as they were back in 02,03,04 and 05.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote