AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > OEM Parts

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #1
BoyWonder

BoyWonder is on a distinguished road
Default OEM Coupe fogs

Looking for coupe fogs, either 92/93 or 94/95. Let me know what you got and at what cost.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
jmsmiff

jmsmiff is on a distinguished road

Best of luck with your search. Those are incredibly rare. A used set would run more than a few hundred provided someone is willing to part with them.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #3
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Did you find the harnesses? That'll likely be the most difficult. I went back and looked at your earlier thread. Ray mentioned something that I didn't process in that one. The DASH harness for the fog lights is the same for all years 91-95. The 91-93 has a different front bumper harness than the 1994 - 1995 as the plugs to the actual fog lights are reversed (ie male became female and female became male on the actual fog lights so the bumper harness connectors are also reversed). I'd also check the bumper itself as they were molded to accommodate whichever year fog lights for that bumper. When I bought my 1993 coupe it had some . . . "interesting" aftermarket fogs in the openings. I had a PRISTINE set of 1991-1993 foglights/shrouds etc for that bumper. Turns out some prior owner had SHAVED the internal mounts of the bumper OFF!! I literally took pictures of what little bit remained. I wasn't a happy camper to say the least. Then a certain member came across a SAME factory color 1994- 1995 bumper and hit me up! I paid a good penny for it but converted to the latter year front bumper and have 94 -95 fogs installed!
Old 08-14-2020, 02:39 AM   #4
BoyWonder

I know they are rare but I know they are out there. Money talks is what it comes down to. I have both bumpers so I'll take whatever I can find, I just want them to be OEM. I don't like hack jobs. I think part of the problem is I don't think Japan cars had fogs. I could be wrong. I have found the fog lamp units (at a stealership actually) but the brackets and harness (rest of kit) is the killer, which I can live with since harness' are not hard to make. Someone will wake up and make me happy, I can feel it.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #5
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

i've been offered 1000 for my fogs/harness/bezels for my coupe setup..

still have the fogs on my coupe lol

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
Old 08-15-2020, 03:58 AM   #6
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
i've been offered 1000 for my fogs/harness/bezels for my coupe setup..

still have the fogs on my coupe lol
I'm not offering anyone that has a setup already installed. Personally having blank slots let alone having to uninstall them isnt worth 1K to me. That being said, I know someone has them sitting doing nothing with thinking they will be able to retire off the resale or some hoarder like the ppl in japan hoarding NSX's. There is actually a bumper cover I came across at a scrap yard but one of the brackets were missing. This is just as bad as my M1 KB1. I'll get through, patience is key
Old 08-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #7
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough
Default Come on, sell the stuff you hoarders

Here we go again with the idiocy of pricing. Our cars are 25 plus years old, the owners probably average 45 plus years old. And we still have idiots hoarding and asking higher than a giraffe's ass pricing? Move it on to someone who wants to enjoy the parts. Can't be much enjoyment for the parts sitting in a dark closet or cabinet in the garage.

Just my 2 cents which are useless to most owners.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
BoyWonder

I fully concur but the world wouldn't turn if there wern't idiots on it. Just gotta sift through.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:51 AM   #9
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Doesn't Alperovich make a set that ends up looking/working really close to OEM?

I believe the only missing pieces will be
  1. the switch... which didn't come with the fogs anyway and will be hard to find. You might be able to fabricate one though if you are determined.
  2. the shrouds with holes... and they can easily be made. I believe the template is "built in" to the back of the blanks.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 08-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #10
BoyWonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Doesn't Alperovich make a set that ends up looking/working really close to OEM?

I believe the only missing pieces will be
  1. the switch... which didn't come with the fogs anyway and will be hard to find. You might be able to fabricate one though if you are determined.
  2. the shrouds with holes... and they can easily be made. I believe the template is "built in" to the back of the blanks.

rich
I'll look into Alperovich. I haven;t come across the name. I have the OEM switch which I'm sure I can manipulate. its just finding the fogs. I'll take a look at the blanks but I dont thnere there was anything there. Thanks.
Closed Thread