AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 06-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Car2n is on a distinguished road
Default Thread experts help me move my thread overhere please

Hey guys I being thinking how to move my project thread here but is so large I have no idea how Gotman gave tip how to copy the thread but how to post it in AL.org don't know all I know is going to take some time, Sam o nela you maybe one that can help me I see you have done some already can you help.
Car2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Any ideas? please.
Car2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Goatman
Head Ninja

Goatman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Goatman Send a message via MSN to Goatman

They've already got it. I know at least two people have the entire thing saved to their computers. Rest easy, friend.

If you're worried enough to want to do it yourself (which is alright, I would be too), there's a program you can get called httrack that can supposedly save individual threads, as well as the whole site. I don't know how it works, you'd be pretty much left to figure it out on your own. I know other people have figured it out, but I personally have not used it yet. You can get it at www.httrack.com.

The next easiest method to save it, though probably the hardest to restore from, would be to open each individual page and save each one as a webpage, complete. That'll save the the pictures, the text, the backgrounds, the formatting, everything. It'll also make a separate folder that will hold all the resources for the pages.

The easiest method to restore from, though probably the most time consuming to save the thread, will be to quote each individual post and copy+paste the contents of them.
Goatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
Goatman
Head Ninja

Oh. To post... That's a bit harder.

What method did you use? To copy the individual posts, you just paste, post, repeat. To do it from the webpage, complete, you can copy+paste the text, manually insert any formatting tags and such, etc. The saved pages will hold onto pictures for you. If you have any of them already uploaded to, say, photobucket, you can insert them like you did before, with img tags. For ones you don't have, here's another method:

Say you saved the webpage as "LegeNdSX page 1." There should be a folder wherever you saved it called "LegeNdSX page 1.html files." Inside there, you should be able to find all of the pictures for the page.

If for some reason, you get confused or whatever, or just cannot find the picture you're looking for, you can just open up the saved page, rightclick on the image, click "save picture as," save it, upload it, and link to it on here using the img tags.

DO you understand all of that? It can be confusing at first, I know. Unfortunately, without being able to show you in person, that's the best I can do at explaining.

If you can't understand all of that, but got some of it, feel free to start posting it up as much as you can in the ninja cave forum, and I'll work on it with you as I'm able to. Once it's up to date and ready for primetime, we'll get a mod to move it.

Last edited by Goatman; 06-05-2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Car2n
R.I.P. FUT

Thanks a lot Gotman very good job explainig no problem just need to know how are the quotes and replies are going to look? like the avatars and all that, or maybe the only thing i'll be able to bring are my posts?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Goatman
Head Ninja

No avatars. Pics will carry over. Quotes will needed to be re-added manually, since the old site doesn't quote quotes.

However, there's nothing stopping you from putting an "originally posted by" statement at the beginning of the posts, as you've done already.