AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Other Cars

Old 05-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #1
PaulPool89

PaulPool89 is on a distinguished road
Default 01-06 Sante Fe Radio Install D.I.Y.

This was a Memorial day weekend project, so I decided to snap some pictures as I went. Sorry if some of them are blurry. Since this isn't an Acura, I didn't think I sound post this in the D.I.Y. section. But if anyone is installing a radio, this might help.

My wife wanted to be able to connect to her radio thru Bluetooth so she can listen to Pandora.

-I got a Pioneer DEH-X6700BT for a reasonable price from Best Buy. (like all the changing lights oooo)
-Hyundai/Kia Multi-kit 1995-2010 INT-123KI to mount it.
-70-7301 wiring harness to connect it.

Tools Needed:
-Phillips head screw driver
-Small flat screw driver will help also
-Knife
-Wire strippers
-Electrical tape
-Pliers

To prepare, park you car away from the sun, and roll the windows down.
Pull up the hand brake!
Turn key to ACC on, and pull your shifter knob all the way back.

Step 1:
Pull out the Ashtray/Coin holder, and remove two screws:

Then simply pull it back starting at the bottom. It'll come out, but the wires wont let you go too far yet.

Step 2:
Unplug your HVAC controls. There's three plugs. The two white and black ones you can easily reach from the top, one in the back is a little tougher.

This is also a good time to change the two little lightbulbs if your controls are not lighting up.

Step 3:
This now reveals two more screws. Be careful pulling this top trim off!
You can pull the bottom half a little bit off the clips, then pull it towards you.
Do not swing it up by the bottom, do not try to lift it up. Slide it out towards you. If you do not remove it this way, you will break the top plastic and clips. ( I did )

Also be careful to not just rip the switches out of it, there are 4 screws on the back!

Step 4:
I didn't get a picture of the back, but there are 4 screws on the back. Unplug your switches.

Step 5:
Unscrew the 4 screws holding the Raido, and pull it out, unplugging it:

Step 6:
Now is a good time to check your mounting brackets and wiring harness match up. Note the 70-7301 listed on the connections

Step 7:
Look in your instructions to see which set of brackets to use, and which tabs to cut off. Mine came with 2 sets of brackets and 3 trim covers.

The ones near the edges, you can cut clean off carefully with a knife. For some of the longer ones in the middle, you can score it with the knife a few times, and work it off with pliers like so, cleaning up with the knife after:

You can throw the little plastic pieces out the window

JUST KIDDING! Can you image the little critters choking on those pieces?

Put it in a plastic baggie...

And then throw it out the window!

Step 8:
This came with a little microphone, I believe for Siri use with Iphones. I clipped it right above the rear view mirror so its less noticeable. I ran the wire up the ceiling, over behind the A pillar, and tuck it down between the left side of the A pillar trim and the rubber moulding. The flathead screwdriver was perfect for it. Then I ran it under, behind the steering wheel, and I could feed it right behind the center console where I tied it in a loop and connected it to the back of the radio.

Step 9:
Now grab your Wiring harness adapter, and the wiring harness for your radio, and start stripping! Make those connections good and tight.

Step 10:
Now that you trimmed your mounting brackets, attach them to the correct front trim plate, and screw on your bottom holder first. This will make it easier to attach the Radio.

Connect your radio wiring and antenna.

Now to mount it, you'll see 4 little plastic dimples right where the mounting brackets are for the screws.

If you're wondering at what height to mount your bracket, use these to help you line it up. The bottom park of your plastic bracket has 2 U shaped slots. The top one fits around the dimple, the bottom one is for the screw. Likewise the top part has 3 U shaped slots. The top and bottom one is for screws, the middle for the dimple.

Now just replace the switches and trim in reverse order, and enjoy your new radio!
PaulPool89 is offline   Reply With Quote