AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Other Cars

Old 03-06-2015, 06:20 PM   #11
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
Looks nice but if priced below market value and the airbag light is on would ring off bells for me. I hope it's not one those where they removed the bag from it.
Oh sure. There have been lots of bells that went off for me with this one. But I tend to buy cheaper fixer-upper cars and haven't had too many bad experiences with that method. This one, I know is a gamble, as any below market value car is. But there are a lot of positives that drove me over to the "it's a good buy for me" side of things. I'm discovering a few more little things here and there but to me it has a host of "minor issues". Minor issues that may drive away potential buyers of this car until they are fixed. After a few days of ownership I have already fixed most of the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HondaOwner View Post
I'm just saying when we move back to Minnesota, one of the Legends will be sold and I'm going to buy a Root Beer colored 2008 Honda Element SC.

Nice pickup.
There's one of those for sale here right now.

http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/1911817?ad_cid=9

Good choice on color. Probably my favorite exterior and color on any Element. I really like those models but the tribal tattoo interior drives me nuts. But then again, the interior on pretty much any Element is ugly, IMO.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:37 PM   #12
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Nice pick up- good luck with it! Looks like the rear opens up for plenty of cargo room
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:54 PM   #13
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
My wife has been wanting a Honda Element for the past year or so. We sold her '97 CR-V in September of last year right around the same time I bought the RL. So she has been driving my "$1000 Car" (as I call it), the canturbury green 93 L sedan that I bought last year. So, the time has come to sell the "$1000 car". It will probably be my last KA7 I own so I'm a bit sad.

Onto pictures of the new ride... It's an '03 EX model with AWD. We got it for $4300 and it has 161,000 miles on it.
Looks nice with plenty of space for such a small container - never really thought about the Element. Use it well!

Sell the '93 Canterbury Green??

Anyhow, I think there's another forum member who has always lusted after a Canterbury Green G2.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HondaOwner View Post
I'm just saying when we move back to Minnesota, one of the Legends will be sold and I'm going to buy a Root Beer colored 2008 Honda Element SC.

Nice pickup.
You may be getting an Element when you finally get to Minnesota but I think that will be the extent of your car inventory change unless you get the car in the color you really want...

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #14
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Nice pick up- good luck with it! Looks like the rear opens up for plenty of cargo room
Thank you. Oh yeah. Lot's of cargo space in there. I will be filling it with lots of landscaping project goodies soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
Looks nice with plenty of space for such a small container - never really thought about the Element. Use it well!

Sell the '93 Canterbury Green??

Anyhow, I think there's another forum member who has always lusted after a Canterbury Green G2.....
Thanks! The Element is a great choice for a Honda lover that needs a little extra utility than any of the other Hondas offerings. Except for, perhaps, a Ridgeline. But those are so expensive still and they aren't even real trucks! At least this gets decent gas mileage for the times you aren't hauling stuff.

And yes, we will be selling the green legend soon. I meant to list it this week but haven't got around to it yet. Just launched my business so that is taking over all my free time. What member wants a canterbury legend? Are they close to me? This one is a little beat up...
Old 03-12-2015, 07:28 AM   #15
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Very nice! Whats the max load rating on those? I bought a Tucson a couple years back for my wifes mom duties, but I use it occasionally to haul stuff for work (like 25 cases of water weighing 40 lbs each!). The car handles it like a champ, but its a hassle having to remove the kids car seats and stuff when I need to do that kind of hauling. So been thinking about just getting a medium sized hatch or for crossover myself

That car with its height and seat storage arrangement could easily swallow much more stuff

Of course if a TSX wagon or CB9 came up id love one of those just based on looks lol
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #16
Vic Cardenas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Very nice! Whats the max load rating on those? I bought a Tucson a couple years back for my wifes mom duties, but I use it occasionally to haul stuff for work (like 25 cases of water weighing 40 lbs each!). The car handles it like a champ, but its a hassle having to remove the kids car seats and stuff when I need to do that kind of hauling. So been thinking about just getting a medium sized hatch or for crossover myself

That car with its height and seat storage arrangement could easily swallow much more stuff

Of course if a TSX wagon or CB9 came up id love one of those just based on looks lol
I guess there has been some controversy about what the max weight rating is on these but have heard of people regularly carrying 1000 pounds with no problems. I've even seen some guy claim he carries 1500 pounds of equipment built into his with no problems but that might be a stretch. The GVWR on these is something like 4500 lbs. About the same as a legend... They are also about 3500lbs depending on configuration and model year.

So, yeah, I wouldn't want to fill the back up with rocks or dirt.

I love the TSX wagons. Those are starting to come down in price to more attainable levels. Just wish they had a V6.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:46 AM   #17
Vic Cardenas

Oh, yeah. And the seats easily come out too. That is a really nice feature for hauling stuff as they can still be a bit in the way when they are in the "up" position.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:07 PM   #18
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
And yes, we will be selling the green legend soon. I meant to list it this week but haven't got around to it yet.......... What member wants a canterbury legend? Are they close to me? This one is a little beat up...
I'm pretty sure all the lustful members have seen your post!

Maybe I have also made an inappropriate attempt at some subtle humor and for that I'm sorry. I'm not so sure it lived up to the decorum we all strive to be at but I probably also owe some apology to any forum member that I may be thinking of that perhaps lusts after the Canterbury Green.

For these reasons I will most likely take a vacation from posting for a while (and am positive I'll not be missed too badly for it)

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #19
Vic Cardenas

I'm confused. Where was the faux pas? I am not offended in the least for whatever it is you think you said. ??? Keep posting! This forum needs to retain it's active members.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:38 AM   #20
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

always liked those in a weird / cool kinda way
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote