AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Other Cars

Old 01-19-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711
Default C30: Less brick more turbo

Life after the legend game has been interesting so far. Still have shelves on shelves of parts needing another home. and yet what do I drive. Some have been following closely others this may come as a surprise but I really miss a white car. So while the coupe was up for sale I gave myself 5 criteria.

Must be:
1. White
2. Manual
3. Hatch
4. 12,000
5. Preferably rare.

So turns out that narrows down to a few options the Fit wasnt too rare or fast let alone being a great car. the GTi or Mini were just to common so why not a Volvo C30 R design.... :dunno:

I just picked up the car Thrusday in Maryland and drove it back only to turn around and drive it 8 hours to wilmington NC to see my brother for the weekend. Honestly added about 1200 miles since thursday spending many hours in the car and it is super comfortable and pretty damn quick.

more pics to come as always
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Glad u didnt go with the Mini Pooper. The C30s arent bulletproof, but at least theyre not British. Those seats are second to none, and car is quite nimble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while pooping
Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

I kind of like them. Wish they made more power though. My brother-in-law used to have a V70R. That thing was a badass sleeper station wagon. Made like 300 hp and 290 lb-ft AWD.
I wish the C30's were made with an AWD 300hp version. They would have really sold better, I think, and would have been competitive with evo's and sti's.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #4
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Nice pick up!
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #5
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Very nice! I don't recall a white Volvo near me on rte 95 the other day
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #6
780-iamlegend

780-iamlegend is on a distinguished road

Check out www.Polestar.com for mods and watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT9FwBsMD3Y
780-iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 AM   #7
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough

Thirsty.

I think today there are not as many bullet proof cars but with regular maintence on the timing belt tensioner and some other items I should be fine. The seats are extremely comfortable. I spend the last 16 hours in the car and honestly feel great. I had to drive my s2000 today and my god what a difference.

Vic. I wish I could find a v70 r but they were either abused. High milage or way to exspensive

Marc I wish it was me binwas driving back last night. But congrats on your find.

I have been looking at polstar for some time now. Just need some cash
Old 01-20-2015, 09:13 AM   #8
ThirstyTree

ThirstyTree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboarder711 View Post
Thirsty.

I think today there are not as many bullet proof cars but with regular maintence on the timing belt tensioner and some other items I should be fine. The seats are extremely comfortable. I spend the last 16 hours in the car and honestly feel great. I had to drive my s2000 today and my

Youre right about new cars. Your Volvo wont suffer those ills, just same Volvo ones. They work well if maintained, but when something major goes, theyre very complicated engines to work on.
I do understand the love, driven many a customer turbo wagon and sedan on "extended drive cycles" tryin to clear monitors. Those phone apps with an alarm you can set to 90 will be your new best friend. Turbo Volvo @ 70 feels same as @ 110.😋

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
while pooping
Old 01-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #9
bboarder711
Official Photog

1st photoshoot

Old 01-22-2015, 04:38 PM   #10
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Nice shots!