AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL Performance Enhancements

Old 01-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #31
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road

Well, i'll admit it like i did before. The way I came into this thread wasn't the best and i should have gone easier on the new guy with his "unique" styling that he possibly could have brought to the forum.

We've all been here helping eachother out and Aftermath is correct as well... There are haters and I was hating. But I'll keep a more open mind to other people's ideas, projects, and opinions.

We are all a rare group and tearing into each other won't help anything at all.

but i'll still be a slight a**hole from time to time.

2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
CarbonGray3.5
2004 Carbon Gray 3.5

CarbonGray3.5 is on a distinguished road

Better than eating a**hole on a regular basis...

Ewww...

2004 Carbon Grey Metallic Acura 3.5RL with Navigation... the last of the good RLs
CarbonGray3.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #33
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

We're car guys, being an asshole comes with the territory. I ain't no better than anyone else, trust me
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #34
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

so now that this thread has been effectively ruined, What next?
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #35
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
so now that this thread has been effectively ruined, What next?
Lunch? :dunno:

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #36
OLD_HATCH

OLD_HATCH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathacura View Post
no car was made to be a DONK, or to do half the shit we do to them. does that stop us..........absolutely not!!!!!

to be completely fair, slamming them to the ground with low offset wheels can take away from its performance just the same. im somehow reminded of how many called the one in the vipcar spotlight thread ''broken''.
im glad we all have different taste with our builds. its not wrong to speak from the opinion stance but, to be a solid community of legend fans we should be more willing to respect the different flavors of the game. for me though....... its custom> stock anyday, this site has its fair share of stock rides already. jus sayin

Yup

Don't hate.....appreciate

If everyone's car looked similar to mine the RL world would be pretty bland indeed.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #37
like no other
Getting It Done

like no other will become famous soon enough

Ya your right on that cause my RL is silver but other than that it looks the same as your rims and all
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #38
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by like no other View Post
Ya your right on that cause my RL is silver but other than that it looks the same as your rims and all
Pics or it didn't happen LOL!!!

Dennis' RL looks super basic, but that key to that car is the Details. Many many many MANY things you don't see right away.

But yea, I don't mind raised RLs because everybody has a different style. Just like Aftermath said, Slammed to the ground could be viewed as just as "dumb" because it limits drivability (I view it as such)... we all do stuff to our car that helps and hurts performance. We do it because we want to and that's all that matters.

The amount of people who call me to "fix" their cars because they've lowered it too far and want me to perform a miracle on them is mind numbing... You lower a car too far, you're going to scrape things and rub your fenders when you turn... Simple as that. It doesn't look "Cool" to me because you're wrecking your undercarriage, which can lead to other issues (like bending the Unibody, trashing oil pans, killing engine mounts and axles, and as proven on this chassis, you can kill the wiring harnesses in the wheel wells). I really like the customers who are VERY realistic in their views of what is possible when they lower the car.

We do it because we want to! Live and Help live.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #39
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Blackhatch View Post
Ok. That day I posted i was in a very bad mood and my posts that day reflect it.

And Aftermath is correct... different should be welcomed no matter what. I pulled the trigger before seeing, but here in STL... there are plenty of DONKS and if you've seen one donk with Mike and Ike's interior and and exterior paintjob on big wheels and a lift kit... you assume the worse when you here other stories.

but I still think I have a valid point... big wheels and a supercharger kind of work against eachother. Lol
Big wheels and supercharger work WITH each other... Don't know how they do it in St. Louis, but in the south, they do them right.

BTW a Donk is a 70s caprice specifically. the Donk is a type of Caprice, Hi-Side as they said around my area or "Hi-Rise" as some publication put it, is the term for the modification style.

Just saying.

This is a Donk... and this is why Supercharger (or added power) is desired...

I thought they were goofy until i saw a box caprice shit on a modified Z28 Camaro from the dig and keep running away. Mind you the vid is kinda stupid because it's on the street... Don't condone street foolishness LOL but everybody no matter what you drive, if you're into cars, is equally guilty of it.

And just a video of them on show.

The green one riding... I swear this is how i'd do one if I did one.
...if push came to shove I could probably whip it out but I wanna see someone get started first
Old 01-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #40
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG
JDMKING Legend GOD

L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is on a distinguished road

^ ah very tasteful

Fut rip! Knowledge, Wisdom, Understanding = 360 L.A.麺部
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote