AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

I use and look at the iTrader system when making purchases. I would ask anybody that's done a transaction with me to leave me feedback if they didn't for some reason. My reputation is important within the community so I value the system. So no, not everyone ignores the system.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
To be honest I think most don't pay any attention to the rep and i-Trader system. I think those that have had questionable buying and selling deals should be called out in a forum all by itself.

To hide behind the (para)phrase "use the forum tools as intended" is just deciding to not address the problem further on the mods parts.

Most are here for intereaction on a social level but some are here for sales. Just look at who sells but does little interaction. Its THOSE people that everyone should be forewarned about via a special section of the forum.
Edited as the word "lazyness" was used for a lack of a better word at 1:30'ish in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Look I was just as gung-ho about a Hall of Shame as the next guy. Anyone that saw the number I did on scammers at the old site will see what I mean.

However, after some discussion among the admin of this site, I was able to understand that:

1) I do not own this site
2) I do not pay the bills that keeps this place running
3) It is not my neck on the line should some individual feel that they were the victim of libel

No matter what restrictions are placed, how can admin truly ensure that some nutjob on this site (myself included) isn't just going to go balls all out and post a scammer's name, address, picture, family's info, place of work, etc etc etc...I came to the understanding that it is very unfair to Graeme and Ivan to have to defend themselves because of the actions of others...

Hence the best option/alternative we have is people actually utilizing the itrader system.
Now this I can agree with. Understood. With two points to be made:

1.) a small disclaimer at the top of the specific thread would eliminate libel shouldn't it?

2.) as small as our community is - one bad i-Trader feedback out of 8 or 10 may not seem like alot to a potential buyer, but the contents or actions of that one transaction might make someone think twice if details of the transaction (more than the comment section allows in the i-Trader section) were listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I use and look at the iTrader system when making purchases. I would ask anybody that's done a transaction with me to leave me feedback if they didn't for some reason. My reputation is important within the community so I value the system. So no, not everyone ignores the system.
Problem is (on both ends - positive and negative) not everyone will list feedback. If that were the case my feedback should be DOUBLE what it is now.

I do appreciate the thought of i-Trader, but as I stated above - with the size if our community, for its protection there needs to be something more IMO.

Well said Gabe. I get where you guys are coming from.

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1

Last edited by daveCFPrez; 05-05-2011 at 09:33 PM.
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #23
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Look I was just as gung-ho about a Hall of Shame as the next guy. Anyone that saw the number I did on scammers at the old site will see what I mean.

However, after some discussion among the admin of this site, I was able to understand that:

1) I do not own this site
2) I do not pay the bills that keeps this place running
3) It is not my neck on the line should some individual feel that they were the victim of libel

No matter what restrictions are placed, how can admin truly ensure that some nutjob on this site (myself included) isn't just going to go balls all out and post a scammer's name, address, picture, family's info, place of work, etc etc etc...I came to the understanding that it is very unfair to Graeme and Ivan to have to defend themselves because of the actions of others...

Hence the best option/alternative we have is people actually utilizing the itrader system.

I get what you're saying and I know you're a stand up guy when it comes to getting "to the bottom of it" when justice needs to be served. At the same time, their fear of liability when it comes to posting personal information is unjustified. The forum clearly states:"Do not post anyone else's personal information here. Do not post content contained within PM (Private Messages) or any other communication medium outside of the forum without the consent of the other party." And as long as moderators make a realistic effort to enforce it, they won't be found responsible for someone posting a forum screen name of a scammer. It's like saying the forum owners/operators are responsible (in any way) for DV8 posting that he has driven his illegally modified car in the state of California. That's just unrealistic... but I digress.

I believe positive and NEGATIVE rep would be more effective than the itrader system.
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socol View Post
I get what you're saying and I know you're a stand up guy when it comes to getting "to the bottom of it" when justice needs to be served. At the same time, their fear of liability when it comes to posting personal information is unjustified. The forum clearly states:"Do not post anyone else's personal information here. Do not post content contained within PM (Private Messages) or any other communication medium outside of the forum without the consent of the other party." And as long as moderators make a realistic effort to enforce it, they won't be found responsible for someone posting a forum screen name of a scammer. It's like saying the forum owners/operators are responsible (in any way) for DV8 posting that he has driven his illegally modified car in the state of California. That's just unrealistic... but I digress.

I believe positive and NEGATIVE rep would be more effective than the itrader system.
But nobody else can view your rep point totals....only the generic message and number of gems
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #25
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
But nobody else can view your rep point totals....only the generic message and number of gems
That's the beauty of it, we, sheeple that we are, see a bunch of red squares under someone's name and think "oh, that's a dishonest shit-stick, I won't buy from him" and shuffle on with our visa cards in hand. Because lets face it, douche bags who only frequent the forum to conduct sales won't get many (if any) positive REP points.

Last edited by Gascan; 05-05-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: It must be noted that I may be intoxicated at the time of this post and said post is for entertainment value.
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Listen the fact that I have 100% positive itrader feedback is a testament to the fact that itrader doesn't work .

-Matt
Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #27
legend93g2
Improving WHP

legend93g2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to legend93g2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Listen the fact that I have 100% positive itrader feedback is a testament to the fact that itrader doesn't work .

-Matt
well atleast your honest about it.
I guess you just deal with patient and understanding customers.
legend93g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #28
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend93g2 View Post
well atleast your honest about it.
I guess you just deal with patient and understanding customers.

I actually hired a guy to help me out with shipping and selling parts, unfortunately he didn't work out. Mondi offered to help me but him being almost 3 hours away - that wouldn't work. It's really a shame because I have tons and tons (literally) of good used parts that i could sell right now but I don't know anyone at all that's qualified to help me.

-Matt
Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
legend93g2
Improving WHP

legend93g2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to legend93g2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
I actually hired a guy to help me out with shipping and selling parts, unfortunately he didn't work out. Mondi offered to help me but him being almost 3 hours away - that wouldn't work. It's really a shame because I have tons and tons (literally) of good used parts that i could sell right now but I don't know anyone at all that's qualified to help me.

-Matt
The way jobs are now and the unemployment rate, there has got to be someone willing to take the job. I know you have tons of work. I see how you still help out around here but have your times of being unable to answer questions and such.
legend93g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #30
Dv8
Life Ruiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socol View Post

Hey why'd my name have to be dragged into this. My legend already never sees the light of day unless its on a trailer because I dont want to be crucified by the police. I practically never go to meets or drive out of town, for the fear I get popped with a REF ticket. Besides that, I passed SMOG emissions last month with no cat on a CA pre-test SMOG test, and not bearly but with flying colors. Just not visual, obviously. Of course the state of CA doesnt recognise a clean emitting car unless its to their backwards standards. So tree huggers and C-A-R-B can kiss my ass!

Yea, but thanks for bring me up...

~Dv8
16 yrs and counting. To many Experts, not enough Results. Where are yours? Retired Legend 616WHP@18PSI 10/11 12.1@124MPH 02/12 N/A 234whp 229lb-ft 13.7@99mph 95 deg. 06/07 Lexus IS-F Nitrous 11.3@123MPH 392WHP 372WTQ I/H/E N/A-Ladies car now.
Go-Kart 35whp 29wlbft http://www.2slik4u.com/
My Garage

"People can always copy what I did first" -Jesse James

RIP Dannie FUT James
Dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote