AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 05-03-2011, 09:05 AM   #11
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
This is exactly it.

Negative Rep shouldn't just be reserved for mods, I do believe everyone has the ability to give positive and negative rep... I have to check on that.

That's why we say use the Rep and iTrader systems. the tools are there for a reason.
Can I have my negative rep giving abilities back now?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
This is exactly it.

Negative Rep shouldn't just be reserved for mods, I do believe everyone has the ability to give positive and negative rep... I have to check on that.

That's why we say use the Rep and iTrader systems. the tools are there for a reason.
That's not the case but we've asked for that ability before. Rep system seems pointless when it's one sided (positive rep only).
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

IIRC the negative rep was disabled because a certain group of members were misusing it.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
whats77inaname
Not forgotten.

whats77inaname has a spectacular aura aboutwhats77inaname has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socol View Post
That's not the case but we've asked for that ability before. Rep system seems pointless when it's one sided (positive rep only).

I forgot negative rep was available until I accidentally gave it to Vic the other day, but I asked Ivan to take a look at it.

But speaking of negative rep, I'm going to have to visit a few of Legend-Coupes threads.
whats77inaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #15
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Come on, come on, come on! Let all use NEG rep, Socol needs to spread the neg love around.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

To be honest I think most don't pay any attention to the rep and i-Trader system. I think those that have had questionable buying and selling deals should be called out in a forum all by itself.

To hide behind the (para)phrase "use the forum tools as intended" is just lazyness on the mods parts.

Most are here for intereaction on a social level but some are here for sales. Just look at who sells but does little interaction. Its THOSE people that everyone should be forewarned about via a special section of the forum.

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1

Last edited by daveCFPrez; 05-05-2011 at 12:01 AM.
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #17
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Liability ≠ Laziness

Unfortunately, not only do terrible sellers have rights too, but Forum Rules do not supersede Defamation Law.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #18
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Liability ≠ Laziness

Unfortunately, not only do terrible sellers have rights too, but Forum Rules do not supersede Defamation Law.
Consumer review sites don't seem to have this issue, a bit far fetched to think little old acuralegend.org would.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #19
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

I wonder how angieslist stays online then?

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #20
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socol View Post
Consumer review sites don't seem to have this issue, a bit far fetched to think little old acuralegend.org would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
I wonder how angieslist stays online then?
Look I was just as gung-ho about a Hall of Shame as the next guy. Anyone that saw the number I did on scammers at the old site will see what I mean.

However, after some discussion among the admin of this site, I was able to understand that:

1) I do not own this site
2) I do not pay the bills that keeps this place running
3) It is not my neck on the line should some individual feel that they were the victim of libel

No matter what restrictions are placed, how can admin truly ensure that some nutjob on this site (myself included) isn't just going to go balls all out and post a scammer's name, address, picture, family's info, place of work, etc etc etc...I came to the understanding that it is very unfair to Graeme and Ivan to have to defend themselves because of the actions of others...

Hence the best option/alternative we have is people actually utilizing the itrader system.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote