AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 05-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #1
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all
Question Getting Nuetral Rep????

I took a glance at my rep points today and I noticed a few of the rep's on there were neutral, left by members that intended to leave positive rep. I don't see the option in a thread to leave someone else negative or neutral rep, so how am I getting neutral rep?

-Matt
Old 05-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

the person giving u rep doesn't have points to give.

on another note I need a 94LS sedan clock spring, do you have one

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Geneva_Jee
Gold Member

Geneva_Jee will become famous soon enough

lol, Lou you're somethin' else

FOR SALE - Geneva KA7 Sedan In Memory of
Geneva_Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
legend93g2
Improving WHP

legend93g2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to legend93g2

Lou, you would ..

Sr5guy, i believe Vic just had the same thing happen to him. But it was a negative rep:dunno:
legend93g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

There's a glitch in the rep system and I'm sure the mods are working to get it sorted out
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

You don't actually choose to "give" neutral rep. The number of points you receive when someone reps you is based on their rep. Also I don't know the exact system, but I think until a user meets certain criteria (possibly a minimum post count and/or account age) their positive rep is essentially neutral.

The negative rep issue is something else, it's supposed to be reserved for mods only but apparently some other users/groups gained that ability.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 05-02-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
You don't actually choose to "give" neutral rep. The number of points you receive when someone reps you is based on their rep. Also I don't know the exact system, but I think until a user meets certain criteria (possibly a minimum post count and/or account age) their positive rep is essentially neutral.

The negative rep issue is something else, it's supposed to be reserved for mods only but apparently some other users/groups gained that ability.
Thanks! Didn't even know the system worked that way!

-Matt
Old 05-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #8
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Thanks! Didn't even know the system worked that way!

-Matt
Matt
PM me

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #9
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post

This is exactly it.

Negative Rep shouldn't just be reserved for mods, I do believe everyone has the ability to give positive and negative rep... I have to check on that.

That's why we say use the Rep and iTrader systems. the tools are there for a reason.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #10
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
Negative Rep shouldn't just be reserved for mods, I do believe everyone has the ability to give positive and negative rep... I have to check on that.
sam said the exact opposite 2 days ago: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...0&postcount=34

I don't think negative rep should be enabled. We don't have enough people who give positive rep to counteract the few jerks that would give negative rep. It makes sense for iTrader, because there's money in play/at stake there.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote