AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
LegenDinTheMaKing

LegenDinTheMaKing is on a distinguished road
Smile Legend GS rims/wheels vs. 04 TL Type S rims/wheels

Sorry about the size. first post. Greetings everyone. My 91 still has the oem 15" 20 spokes and I wanted to update but still keep everything original. Performance wise I have heard that compared to the 20 spoke 15" the 16" GS were a better choise because they are lighter and "ride better" so i've heard. Now ever since I a legend with the 17" 04 tl type s I have been trying to decide between those and the gs. My concern with these would be weather or not they rub. If the 04 type s is lighter than the gs and which one out of the two perform a better ride. Would love to hear your opinions. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3nd3o03lc5T65Q55P2b167f32e1d886341120.jpg (7.7 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by LegenDinTheMaKing; 01-22-2011 at 08:41 PM.
LegenDinTheMaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegenDinTheMaKing View Post
Greetings everyone. My 91 still has the oem 15" 20 spokes and I wanted to update but still keep everything original. Performance wise I have heard that compared to the 20 spoke 15" the 16" GS were a better choise because they are lighter and "ride better" so i've heard. Now ever since I a legend with the 17" 04 tl type s I have been trying to decide between those and the gs. My concern with these would be weather or not they rub. If the 04 type s is lighter than the gs and which one out of the two perform a better ride. Would love to hear your opinions. Thanks.
HOLY. FUCK. BATMAN! That's a HUGE post.hgeez: I'd answer but it's too big to read.

Okay, there never was an 04 TL Type S. Any 17" TL wheels from an 04 TL will be heavier. The GS's will have a "better ride" because you will (presumably) put on tires with a higher profile.

Last edited by Gascan; 01-22-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
LegenDinTheMaKing

So do you think the 04 tl rims would not give as good a ride as the gs because of the 17" size?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegenDinTheMaKing View Post
So do you think the 04 tl rims would not give as good a ride as the gs because of the 17" size?
Comfort-wise GS's will offer a better ride.
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
>>---------->
dedika8'd Member

>>----------> will become famous soon enough

GS rims will ride good, TL rims should not rub (depending on tire size) too bad. I run my GS wheels, CL wheels, and TL wheels with no problems.

RIPFUT
>>----------> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

Your original 15" rims are lighter than GS rims and are more inclined to enact a comfortable ride... but that has a lot to do with tires too. GS rims are all about style. You can fit wider tires on them too.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
LegenDinTheMaKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee3 View Post
GS rims will ride good, TL rims should not rub (depending on tire size) too bad. I run my GS wheels, CL wheels, and TL wheels with no problems.
Dee3, are those tl rims on your sig? Did you chrome them?

And I was planning to put on wider tires for better traction. I love the look of the gs rims dont get me wrong, but there is something about those tls that give the car a more "modern" look.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
>>---------->
dedika8'd Member

>>----------> will become famous soon enough

Yes. TL Rims 17x8 +45offset 225-45/17 tires.
They are Chromed and the hubs just need bored to 70.1 in order to fit the Legend.

RIPFUT
>>----------> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Your original 15" rims are lighter than GS rims and are more inclined to enact a comfortable ride... but that has a lot to do with tires too. GS rims are all about style. You can fit wider tires on them too.
^ I agree the 15's are a pound or 2 lighter than GS wheels and offer the best ride comfort. However, the styles of the 15" wheels are something to be desired. As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The 04 TL wheels will fit just fine, just know the center bore of the wheels will need to be bored to fit the Legend.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
legendinthegame

legendinthegame is on a distinguished road

surprised no one has chimed in about the 91-91 alloys from the nsx. i know they are really light. anybody know if they are forged?
legendinthegame is offline   Reply With Quote