AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #31
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

The ban system works automatically and everyone starts with one day except for spammers or AEs.

While we are given some discretion for certain members and violations, I have to give it to Nick...the dude totally talked shit to and about him, but he still had the integrity and restraint needed to put personal feelings aside and give db only a day as the standard first infraction.
RIP fut

Last edited by sam o nela; 01-08-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #32
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
he still had the integrity and restraint needed to put personal feelings aside and give db only a day as the standard first infraction.
You're correct, and props to Nick. Let's hope it has some affect on the offender.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #33
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered

Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
I have to give it to Nick...the dude totally talked shit to and about him, but he still had the integrity and restraint needed to put personal feelings aside and give db only a day as the standard first infraction.
+2 Well said. Nick had the patience of a saint when dealing with the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #34
Captain Kenpachi
Infamous Left Lane

Captain Kenpachi will become famous soon enough

I honestly think that someone should just talk to the dude to cool him down to laid back level. Dudes life sux and he uses the forum to express his feelings and rants.. if someone talks to him like one of our respected members like Nick, Sam or Ivan im sure u guys can sorta bring him down a couple notches after all we are a community and have mentors on this forum that I believe have alot of influence on many of us..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
btw, all caps is screaming... please don't scream it wears out my hearing aid batteries.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:33 PM   #35
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kenpachi View Post
I honestly think that someone should just talk to the dude to cool him down to laid back level. Dudes life sux and he uses the forum to express his feelings and rants.. if someone talks to him like one of our respected members like Nick, Sam or Ivan im sure u guys can sorta bring him down a couple notches after all we are a community and have mentors on this forum that I believe have alot of influence on many of us..
Did you miss the other thread that was deleted? There have been attempts at clearly and calmly communicating. But I guess a keyboard is too much to handle at times :dunno: We got thru to him enough that he said he would try to change and he did for about 5 days and all was going well until this explosion. Dude's been around for 3 years and been unpredictable. The only thing that's predictable about him is that he's unpredictable so you have to be ready when shit hits the fan, ya know?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #36
thetruth
I'm Awesome

thetruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
1 day??? Can I raise you a week? How about a month?
+1. What really blows me away was he posted the religious thread after the be warned about politics and religion in the water cooler.

I also think this thread should be locked as well, as it is unnecessary.

Last edited by thetruth; 01-09-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #37
Artillery129

Artillery129 will become famous soon enoughArtillery129 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Did you miss the other thread that was deleted? There have been attempts at clearly and calmly communicating. But I guess a keyboard is too much to handle at times :dunno: We got thru to him enough that he said he would try to change and he did for about 5 days and all was going well until this explosion. Dude's been around for 3 years and been unpredictable. The only thing that's predictable about him is that he's unpredictable so you have to be ready when shit hits the fan, ya know?
The only thing that's a paradox about this paradox is that it's a paradox!?
Old 01-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #38
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

Honestly I agree with deeandee (captain kenachi) I've spoken with dave a few times and even friends on facebook. He's really chill just dealing with a bunch of drama. So I say unless you've gone thru a life altering change in life (I'm guessing many here haven't) then u can't understand were he's coming from.

Yes he's annoying to me in his posts as well, but now that I know more about him I. Tend not to judge but ignore what I don't want to read. I suggest others do the same.

Yes this coming from a lifetime banned member..

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
Old 01-09-2011, 03:16 AM   #39
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
Honestly I agree with deeandee (captain kenachi) I've spoken with dave a few times and even friends on facebook. He's really chill just dealing with a bunch of drama. So I say unless you've gone thru a life altering change in life (I'm guessing many here haven't) then u can't understand were he's coming from.

Yes he's annoying to me in his posts as well, but now that I know more about him I. Tend not to judge but ignore what I don't want to read. I suggest others do the same.

Yes this coming from a lifetime banned member..
Lets just say I fall into that "life altering change in life" category, so I have room to talk. The fact that you've had such an experience doesn't mean much. It's how you handle your difficulties/"life altering change in life"/drama/etc. that counts. And the guy in question appears to handle his very poorly; so lets not start defending those who don't need it. I guarantee that majority of "bad people" who rape, beat their kids, beat their spouses, and commit other crime have had one or more "life altering change in life" which promoted certain types of "bad" behavior. This doesn't mean we need to defend rapist, wife beaters and child molesters. And in this guy's case, he needed a break.

1000th post FTMFW!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #40
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Kenpachi View Post
He's never been laid back. Nick, Sam and Ivan have already talked to him, he won't listen. He's making our community and forum look like shit. I don't know what to do, it would be mean to kick him off permanently but he can't continue doing what he's been doing.

-Matt