AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 12-08-2010, 02:17 AM   #21
ochn77
ihate city officials

ochn77 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana! View Post
Health? Fitness? All I've been doing is breathing periodically and eating when i can, and I'm doing just fine.

Well I did once go for a 2 block run when I bought some new sneakers which happened to be running shoes. That run quickly turned into a jog... which turned into a walk... which almost turned into an "I've fallen and can't get up". Never again lol.

Next time I run will be because someone/something is chasing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboyx View Post

Now THAT was funny!
ochn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #22
T-Clyde
Canter-Buried Alive

T-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the roughT-Clyde is a jewel in the rough

I'm down, especially if there is an herbal section.
OEM Parts for Sale
RIP
Maintenance > Modification
T-Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
I've found that something as simple as walking can keep you slim and trim. Walking isn't doesn't exercise the heart or muscles as intensely as a real workout, but you can burn calories and get those muscles and heart into some kind of shape before you start going all out. It's also pretty relaxing to go for a walk with your headphones at a park or place with some nice scenery.

My diet is horrible and yet I'm skinny and stay that way. Partly because I'm young with a good metabolism and partly because I do get enough exercise to stay healthy.
Genetics play a HUGE role in that, there playboy. You're probably an ectomorph.

There's not a bigger lazy bag of bones than "Banana!"... But, the guy weighs 26lbs and can not gain weight... our friend STFUand FdaBS, on here, is the same way... So is my friend from college.

If you're naturally an ectomorph, you wont gain weight... so that there is jive

read up here
http://www.projectswole.com/weight-t...rph-endomorph/

I'm probably a cross between an Endomorph and a Mesomorph. My body carries my weight well. I have relatively large muscles, but I'm not exactly "fit"...
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #24
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

That info. could be stored in the Health & Fitness section if there was one. *cough *cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
I'm probably a cross between an Endomorph and a Mesomorph. My body carries my weight well. I have relatively large muscles, but I'm not exactly "fit"...
Same here.
My muscles like to be under wraps. But being me, I'd like to mix it up and be able to show 'em off a couple of times during the summer.

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #25
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Genetics play a HUGE role in that, there playboy. You're probably an ectomorph.

There's not a bigger lazy bag of bones than "Banana!"... But, the guy weighs 26lbs and can not gain weight... our friend STFUand FdaBS, on here, is the same way... So is my friend from college.

If you're naturally an ectomorph, you wont gain weight... so that there is jive

read up here
http://www.projectswole.com/weight-t...rph-endomorph/

Yeah I know that genetics plays a huge role. I was fat and overweight as a kid for no real reason and now I'm skinny and can't gain weight. Like I said I have a naturally good metabolism and not many fat cells. And I am an ectomorph because my upper body muscles are puny. I lifted weights every day in high school but I could hardly gain muscle. I can't bench press 100% of my weight (and I only weigh 175) and I never could even after months of lifting. However my legs and pretty stout and I have big quads and calfs. I can do a lot more damage in the weight room with my legs then I can with my core or upper body.

But that wasn't the point of my post. The point of my post is that walking a lot is good for your muscles and it burns calories. Are you arguing with that part of the post? Because there's not much to argue. I walk anywhere from 25-50+ miles a week and I guarantee if you try to do that when you're out of shape you will fail. You also burn about 100 calories per mile that you walk for people under 200 pounds. People that weight more than 200 pounds will burn more than 100 calories per mile. And the best part is there's no heavy breathing or sweating involved.

Last edited by Wes; 12-08-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #26
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

im not fat i'm just big boned... then i added fat to make sure my big bones dont bruise

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #27
Riboflavin
Go, Green Ranger GO!

Riboflavin will become famous soon enoughRiboflavin will become famous soon enough

Quote:

There's not a bigger lazy bag of bones than "Banana!"... But, the guy weighs 26lbs and can not gain weight...
I'd reply with an insult, but I don't feel like it.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #28
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

see^
Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #29
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

So yea... I'm still wanting for this suggestion to be approved.

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #30
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

Post all fitness stuff in The Lounge for now. Gotta see if this section would be worth adding another bar to in the long run. No traffic would be wasted scroll space