AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx
Default Health & Fitness Section?

So in my attempt in living a better lifestyle altogether, I was wondering if we can possibly have this section for members that would like to share their knowledge on supplements, maybe some meal recipes, heck even just for some motivational talk, experiences, maybe we can even gather up some kind of groups that would like to join in a exercise regimen(?)... who knows, something great could be obtained by this.

Just a suggestion in order to get the fam more involved with each other is all.
That VIP section would come in handy with this section also btw.
...just saying.

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.

Last edited by Homeboyx; 12-07-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
Wes
Member that 1 time?

Wes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of lightWes is a glorious beacon of light

taking canyon runs to a whole new level huh? lmao!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
taking canyon runs to a whole new level huh? lmao!

Pfft! baby steps toward that maybe. lol

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
Artillery129

Artillery129 will become famous soon enoughArtillery129 will become famous soon enough

Interesting idea, I don't know how popular of a forum it would be, at best I think it could be a few threads, but perhaps worth trying out
Artillery129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
Eliot

Eliot is on a distinguished road

Even if its not a "popular" thread, it would be great to have the information handy to those that want to (yes, I'm one of them) work toward having and living a healthy lifestyle. Just like Homeboy said, have the information there as far as warm ups, workouts, Cardio, how to build muscle, how to get cut, product reviews (this is better to get reviews from people that we can trust instead of strangers that might work for the company), etc etc etc.
Eliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
byalegend

byalegend is on a distinguished road

Interesting idea - I'd be for it.
byalegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

I'll be the fat team's captain!

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

Me likes the idea too
Old 12-07-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
Vic Cardenas

Vic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the roughVic Cardenas is a jewel in the rough

I'll start out with a healthy recipe that Greek would appreciate:
Eggs Benedict- My breakfast this morning.

-Make a double boiler using a glass bowl on top, boil water, don't let the glass touch the water
-Get a small pan, set burner on medium-high heat.
-Toast 1 english muffin
-Add 3 egg yolks and a tablespoon of hot water to double boiler, start whisking and continue until yolks begin to firm. Once the yolks begin to stiffen, take bowl out of pot to let cool. Add a small amount of cold water and whisk.
-Add half a stick of butter (4 Tbsp)to warm pan, melt fully but don't let it brown. Let cool once melted.
-The last 3 actions should be done simultaneously.
-Spoon out excess milk solids off the butter.
-Add the now partially clarified butter slowly into the yolk mixture. Whisk until the elements are suspended with each other. Add a small amount of salt, fresh lemon juice and hot sauce.
-Wipe out the pan but leave a small amount of butter residue, Add two slices of ham to be broiled.
-Use the boiling water in the pot to poach 2 eggs, add a small amount of white vinegar and salt, let the water cool to a simmer, once simmering, stir and add eggs while water is turning. Let the eggs poach until whites are cooked but yolks are soft. If the water level doesn't cover the top of the yolks, baste the tops with the simmering water but don't add any more water.
The last 2 actions should be done simultaneously and should take about 4 minutes.

Plate the toasted english muffins, top with broiled ham, then poached eggs and cover with the hollandaise sauce. Enjoy with freshly cracked pepper.
Another variation is Eggs Blackstone, which substitutes the Ham with Bacon and a tomato slice.

I suggest waiting several hours before any strenuous activity. Enjoy!

Last edited by Vic Cardenas; 12-07-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Vic Cardenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Cardenas View Post
I'll start out with a healthy recipe that Greek would appreciate:
Eggs Benedict- My breakfast this morning.

-Make a double boiler using a glass bowl on top, boil water, don't let the glass touch the water
-Get a small pan, set burner on medium-high heat.
-Toast 1 english muffin
-Add 3 egg yolks and a tablespoon of hot water to double boiler, start whisking and continue until yolks begin to firm. Once the yolks begin to stiffen, take bowl out of pot to let cool. Add a small amount of cold water and whisk.
-Add half a stick of butter (4 Tbsp)to warm pan, melt fully but don't let it brown. Let cool once melted.
-The last 3 actions should be done simultaneously.
-Spoon out excess milk solids off the butter.
-Add the now partially clarified butter slowly into the yolk mixture. Whisk until the elements are suspended with each other. Add a small amount of salt, fresh lemon juice and hot sauce.
-Wipe out the pan but leave a small amount of butter residue, Add two slices of ham to be broiled.
-Use the boiling water in the pot to poach 2 eggs, add a small amount of white vinegar and salt, let the water cool to a simmer, once simmering, stir and add eggs while water is turning. Let the eggs poach until whites are cooked but yolks are soft. If the water level doesn't cover the top of the yolks, baste the tops with the simmering water but don't add any more water.
The last 2 actions should be done simultaneously and should take about 4 minutes.

Plate the toasted english muffins, top with broiled ham, then poached eggs and cover with the hollandaise sauce. Enjoy with freshly cracked pepper.
Another variation is Eggs Blackstone, which substitutes the Ham with Bacon and a tomato slice.

I suggest waiting several hours before any strenuous activity. Enjoy!
^ ..."I don't care who you are. That's funny right there"