AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation RL (Third Generation Legend) -- 1996 - 2004 > 1st Gen. RL Performance Enhancements

Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
BLACK99RL

BLACK99RL is on a distinguished road
Default 3.5RL iNTAKE MANIFOLD QUESTION

Hello all. I currently have a 99 RL with about 186k on it and it runs and idles like as if it had 18k on it. It currently has a code on it for EGR low flow and based off of research i assume the I/M is probably clogged along with the EGR tube passage and possibly the EGR valve itself.
Here is my plan. I am going to replace the valve and tube passage just to be on the safe side but as far as the I/M is concerned i was planning on disassembling it and taking it to my friends shop and cleaning it from the inside out and possibly Hot tanking it OR swapping over a Type II manifold.
My question is this: Does a TYPE II manifold bolt on 100% without major modifications to a 3.5 head.
Any info would be appreciated. thanks!
BLACK99RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #2
soloist
OCD Legend member

soloist is on a distinguished road

Type II manifold has the FIV on the back so you would need to block that with some sheet metal and gasket material (pretty sure Reboticon and a few others have done this already). Not sure if that whole solenoid/vacuum line assembly that is bolted to the back of the 3.5 manifold will bolt to the Type II directly, might need a slight modification. But yes, it does bolt to the heads with no modifications.

There has been talk of the OBDII and associated firmware being more sensitive to things like changing the intake mani., might need to be chipped for it. I'm sure other's will chime in soon.
soloist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
49ersfan78

49ersfan78 is on a distinguished road

Is the type 2manifold better if so why
49ersfan78 is offline   Reply With Quote