AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about
Default request: bad sellers/bad buyers dedicated thread

This was discussed awhile back but I've never read about it since then.

I would like to see a thread/section dedicated to forums members who have had shady dealings on .org to use as a "heads up" to someone newer to the forums or someone who doesn't want to dig through pages of old forum threads.

99% of all my "Acura" transations either on here or .com have been flawless, but there is always one or two that are just shit.

Its the people that come to these forums and most of their posts are FOR SALE, who don't really contribute that I think the majority need to be leary of.

i-Trader is nice, but I would like to know more about why ________ is not too great of a seller. Sure anyone can have a problem, but I think it would be nice to point out the sellers/buyers that have more than average problems with selling or buying on the forum.

Yes it would require strict guidelines so as this section wouldn't turn into a "HE said, she said" debate. Hell I'll volunteer to police this area.

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
SuperLegend91
Admit the obsession

SuperLegend91 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to SuperLegend91

I like this idea. A good way to keep it from being a flame war would be to require all posts to be substantiated and approved by a mod before they ever appear in the thread. This way only the true deadbeats will be outed, not just someone who was a week late shipping something out.
SuperLegend91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

it was asked about before, and it was told before that you have to USE THE iTRADER SYSTEM!

You can view their feedback if commetary is left. People need to stop being scared of using the iTrader.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
LegendLand
10 Years, 6 Legends

LegendLand will become famous soon enoughLegendLand will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by B+O View Post
it was asked about before, and it was told before that you have to USE THE iTRADER SYSTEM!

You can view their feedback if commetary is left. People need to stop being scared of using the iTrader.

I know. Half the people I sell to don't leave iTrader. It's not that hard to do :dunno:

Edit: Wow. Just looked at my iTrader. I do alot of sales on here haha.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
SPARTACUS
Banned

SPARTACUS will become famous soon enoughSPARTACUS will become famous soon enough

Dare I.....? Am I gonna get banned I mean I left the prick negative feedback but still I think others should know I got shafted. Imean I literally have to pay another person to redo a job that was "mickey mouse" and poor quality materials used as well.
I just wont appreciate others telling me to stop bitching coz you all know what I'll say....
SPARTACUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

the problem is, there don't seem to be bad sellers that stick around. Even those transactions that we all know have not gone well, those members had a TON of great transactions prior to that. Which is why you will still see some people defending them.

Just thinking out loud here, but, what if instead of a good/bad list, there was someone designated to collect personal info (number + address) for all transactions over say.. $50 or $100. If you lose less than $50, get over it, consider it a lesson learned, but if you lost a decent amount, you wouldn't have to worry about not being able to get sellers number or address..

Again, just thinking out loud.
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
SPARTACUS
Banned

SPARTACUS will become famous soon enoughSPARTACUS will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboticon View Post
the problem is, there don't seem to be bad sellers that stick around. Even those transactions that we all know have not gone well, those members had a TON of great transactions prior to that. Which is why you will still see some people defending them.

Just thinking out loud here, but, what if instead of a good/bad list, there was someone designated to collect personal info (number + address) for all transactions over say.. $50 or $100. If you lose less than $50, get over it, consider it a lesson learned, but if you lost a decent amount, you wouldn't have to worry about not being able to get sellers number or address..

Again, just thinking out loud.
Appreciate the constructive comment. Good points...very good points. Im just pissed coz this is costing me another $200-300 easy on top of the $300 he took from me. Not to mention I am unable to wire these up so I hav eto take my car to a shop or wait for a friend who has time to pull them off and install them. Thank god I have 2 vehicles right now.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Bigboy
Acuraholiks Member!

Bigboy will become famous soon enoughBigboy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bigboy Send a message via Yahoo to Bigboy

That's why I only except Paypal, as a buyer/seller. If you get burnt than you file a dispute and if you don't like there decision you go over there head to your CC.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
SPARTACUS
Banned

I did use paypal.....but because he was trusted send it as a gift.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Just one thing to let everyone know about Paypal and your banks debit/credit card. You only get 30 days to file it with your bank. If you have a really slick person they will delay your process multiple times until you miss the cut off with your financial institution. I've been screwed over by both Ebay and Paypal. Ebay and Paypal don't do much to get your money back once a vendor collects it they can disappear. I'm still owed about $180 for some rear struts for the Legend from a supposed preferred vendor that were never shipped. They didn't even respond to Ebay/Paypal. I would imagine they just opened another account if they didn't already have more then one account. Hopefully no forum member would do anything dishonest or unscrupulous around here.