AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
graceface3000

graceface3000 is on a distinguished road
Default Car Audio Acura Legend

Hello everyone,
I'm currently driving a 95 L sedan, and I've been running 2 12 alpine type Rs on a hifonics brutus 1200D. I've been plagued with alternator problems for the last 3 years, and need some assistance. I've planned on getting a high output alt, but I'm not sure about how to wire the cables from the alternator to the battery in order to do the Big 3. I've heard you have to bypass a fuse box or something in order for the replacement battery cables to work properly. If anyone has done this upgrade on their car before, please give me some insight on how to do it properly. Thanks.
graceface3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

You literally replace the current cables with the upgrade cables. Same locations for them all and especially make sure any replaced ground cables get properly secured. As for a high output alt I have one of the ultra rare Bosch racing ones designed specifically for Legends. Most upgraded ones I've seen are around 170 or so amp but I couldn't tell you if any known names stand behind them. I have a build thread and somewhere in the 37 or so pages should be pictures of the upgraded wiring used. Also check out Quaraxkad (Jason IIRC ) work for making the upgraded wiring cables.

I see you have checked his thread. If he makes them the connectors are almost if not perfect replicas of the stock connectors used by Acura.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
graceface3000

graceface3000 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tip. I have a mechanic that I can get to replace the alternator, I'm not very versed in getting the proper tension on the belts. I'll look for some HO alternators. Did you replace your front battery as well?
graceface3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceface3000 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I have a mechanic that I can get to replace the alternator, I'm not very versed in getting the proper tension on the belts. I'll look for some HO alternators. Did you replace your front battery as well?
If you look at my signature picture above (and below) you can probably see the answer to your question about my battery. I'll give you a hint though that the top of it is yellow.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
Zachari86

Zachari86 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
You literally replace the current cables with the upgrade cables. Same locations for them all and especially make sure any replaced ground cables get properly secured. As for a high output alt I have one of the ultra rare Bosch racing ones designed specifically for Legends. Most upgraded ones I've seen are around 170 or so amp but I couldn't tell you if any known names stand behind them. I have a build thread and somewhere in the 37 or so pages should be pictures of the upgraded wiring used. Also check out Quaraxkad (Jason IIRC ) work for making the upgraded wiring cables.

I see you have checked his thread. If he makes them the connectors are almost if not perfect replicas of the stock connectors used by Acura.
Very useful info... I may need look into doing this soon myself as am running full aftermarket pioneer system and still upgrading it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Zachari86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #6
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachari86 View Post
Very useful info... I may need look into doing this soon myself as am running full aftermarket pioneer system and still upgrading it

It can't hurt but it isn'r necessary unless you have some current hungry components in your audio system. I have items that like near power plant levels of energy and since I would like my headlights and air conditioning to keep working as well the upgrades to the electrical system were pretty necessary.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Zachari86

Quote:
It can't hurt but it isn'r necessary unless you have some current hungry components in your audio system. I have items that like near power plant levels of energy and since I would like my headlights and air conditioning to keep working as well the upgrades to the electrical system were pretty necessary.
Running full multimedia DVD double din stereo, all upgraded speakers, powered sub... putting in another powered sub, 2x 1000w 4channel amps and 2x DVD headrest screens lol

Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #8
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachari86 View Post
Running full multimedia DVD double din stereo, all upgraded speakers, powered sub... putting in another powered sub, 2x 1000w 4channel amps and 2x DVD headrest screens lol
Now those might want a little current and if they are rated at 100 or more amp draw each you'll be doing yourself a favor upgrading the cars wiring.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #9
Zachari86

Quote:
Now those might want a little current and if they are rated at 100 or more amp draw each you'll be doing yourself a favor upgrading the cars wiring.
Yep that was my thoughts lol... atm it's pumping out 105db on the back seat lol