AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
graceface3000
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2

graceface3000 is on a distinguished road
Default Car Audio Acura Legend

Hello everyone,
I'm currently driving a 95 L sedan, and I've been running 2 12 alpine type Rs on a hifonics brutus 1200D. I've been plagued with alternator problems for the last 3 years, and need some assistance. I've planned on getting a high output alt, but I'm not sure about how to wire the cables from the alternator to the battery in order to do the Big 3. I've heard you have to bypass a fuse box or something in order for the replacement battery cables to work properly. If anyone has done this upgrade on their car before, please give me some insight on how to do it properly. Thanks.
graceface3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!
 
94LegendaryAcuraGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside the LAB!! ;-)
Posts: 6,502


Real Name: DUH The Mad Scientist!! A.K.A. Chaka
94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about
Default

You literally replace the current cables with the upgrade cables. Same locations for them all and especially make sure any replaced ground cables get properly secured. As for a high output alt I have one of the ultra rare Bosch racing ones designed specifically for Legends. Most upgraded ones I've seen are around 170 or so amp but I couldn't tell you if any known names stand behind them. I have a build thread and somewhere in the 37 or so pages should be pictures of the upgraded wiring used. Also check out Quaraxkad (Jason IIRC ) work for making the upgraded wiring cables.

I see you have checked his thread. If he makes them the connectors are almost if not perfect replicas of the stock connectors used by Acura.
__________________
3.5 Type II Hybrid Club Member!
The Mad Scientist!!
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
graceface3000
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 2

graceface3000 is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the tip. I have a mechanic that I can get to replace the alternator, I'm not very versed in getting the proper tension on the belts. I'll look for some HO alternators. Did you replace your front battery as well?
graceface3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!
 
94LegendaryAcuraGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside the LAB!! ;-)
Posts: 6,502


Real Name: DUH The Mad Scientist!! A.K.A. Chaka
94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceface3000 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I have a mechanic that I can get to replace the alternator, I'm not very versed in getting the proper tension on the belts. I'll look for some HO alternators. Did you replace your front battery as well?
If you look at my signature picture above (and below) you can probably see the answer to your question about my battery. I'll give you a hint though that the top of it is yellow.
__________________
3.5 Type II Hybrid Club Member!
The Mad Scientist!!
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
Zachari86
Junior Member
 
Zachari86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Zachari86 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
You literally replace the current cables with the upgrade cables. Same locations for them all and especially make sure any replaced ground cables get properly secured. As for a high output alt I have one of the ultra rare Bosch racing ones designed specifically for Legends. Most upgraded ones I've seen are around 170 or so amp but I couldn't tell you if any known names stand behind them. I have a build thread and somewhere in the 37 or so pages should be pictures of the upgraded wiring used. Also check out Quaraxkad (Jason IIRC ) work for making the upgraded wiring cables.

I see you have checked his thread. If he makes them the connectors are almost if not perfect replicas of the stock connectors used by Acura.
Very useful info... I may need look into doing this soon myself as am running full aftermarket pioneer system and still upgrading it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Zachari86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #6
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!
 
94LegendaryAcuraGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside the LAB!! ;-)
Posts: 6,502


Real Name: DUH The Mad Scientist!! A.K.A. Chaka
94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachari86 View Post
Very useful info... I may need look into doing this soon myself as am running full aftermarket pioneer system and still upgrading it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
It can't hurt but it isn'r necessary unless you have some current hungry components in your audio system. I have items that like near power plant levels of energy and since I would like my headlights and air conditioning to keep working as well the upgrades to the electrical system were pretty necessary.
__________________
3.5 Type II Hybrid Club Member!
The Mad Scientist!!
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Zachari86
Junior Member
 
Zachari86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Zachari86 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
It can't hurt but it isn'r necessary unless you have some current hungry components in your audio system. I have items that like near power plant levels of energy and since I would like my headlights and air conditioning to keep working as well the upgrades to the electrical system were pretty necessary.
Running full multimedia DVD double din stereo, all upgraded speakers, powered sub... putting in another powered sub, 2x 1000w 4channel amps and 2x DVD headrest screens lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Zachari86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #8
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!
 
94LegendaryAcuraGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside the LAB!! ;-)
Posts: 6,502


Real Name: DUH The Mad Scientist!! A.K.A. Chaka
94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachari86 View Post
Running full multimedia DVD double din stereo, all upgraded speakers, powered sub... putting in another powered sub, 2x 1000w 4channel amps and 2x DVD headrest screens lol
Now those might want a little current and if they are rated at 100 or more amp draw each you'll be doing yourself a favor upgrading the cars wiring.
__________________
3.5 Type II Hybrid Club Member!
The Mad Scientist!!
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #9
Zachari86
Junior Member
 
Zachari86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Zachari86 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
Now those might want a little current and if they are rated at 100 or more amp draw each you'll be doing yourself a favor upgrading the cars wiring.
Yep that was my thoughts lol... atm it's pumping out 105db on the back seat lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Zachari86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
alternator, battery, car audio


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 12" RE Audio SEx's in Acura Legend Coupe 3.2legend Audio and Other Electronics 9 07-04-2011 12:57 PM
RE Audio woofer flex in Acura Legend Coupe 3.2legend Audio and Other Electronics 0 07-01-2011 08:33 PM
RE Audio woofer flex in Acura Legend Coupe 3.2legend Videos 0 07-01-2011 08:20 PM
RE Audio/Electrical upgrades in Acura Legend Coupe 3.2legend Audio and Other Electronics 0 06-30-2011 02:00 PM
2 12" RE Audio SEx's in Acura Legend Coupe 3.2legend Videos 3 06-29-2011 06:42 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

AcuraLegend.Org is not affiliated with, nor represents in any form, Acura and Honda Motor Company. Some logos and names used herein remain the trademark of Honda Motor Company.