AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 03-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough
Default Another Coupe limps into rwheadon's place

I guess I'll go ahead and make this one a build since the checklist of stuff to do is growing. I bought this car to become a daily driver while I do a mini restore on my 91 LS coupe.

The guy I bought it from is a .com member and had been working on getting this one to his liking for a few years. I had put a feeler out for a coupe shell in the atlanta area and he contacted me to buy his. Over the course of a month of searching around he made the price into an offer I couldn't resist. I had been worried about the work this car needed but in the end decided I didn't need to make this car perfect for it to be a good ride as a dd.

The white coupe has been resprayed with some red flecks in it, affectionately (or maybe not so much so... dunno) the car has been given a label of "MaryKay" based on some warped perception that it might appear pink. I don't see pink, but I'm also color blind... so let's continue on as I just call it "The L".

We will see how this unfolds as I dig in.

The car was towed to my house from Chix in Marietta, GA because the 6MT transmission had locked up. A complimentary used 5MT was in the trunk along with 1 case of GM Synchromesh and the broken 3 Spoke wheel that belongs on the LF corner. As I have circled the car for a month there has been a hitlist unfolding, but for now I will just push some pics out here and we'll see how things go.

Maybe I'll get the car finished before my "main" coupe rots into the ground.

rich

Here are some corner shots

Lowered on 18s:

Some special grille treatment:

(The grille assy is held in by silicone gel)

I've started digging into the console already:

5MT Trans came along for the ride:

And of course the engine must be disclosed:

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

I never met the guy but isn't there a little story behind an ATL meet and the poe-poes regarding this exact same car (and prior owner) say around 2008??:dunno:
Old 03-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Jonslegend
Ive Got 2nd Gear!!!!

Jonslegend will become famous soon enough

I want it

It's not Gold, It's Cashmere
Jonslegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
The white coupe has been resprayed with some red flecks in it, affectionately (or maybe not so much so... dunno) the car has been given a label of "MaryKay" based on some warped perception that it might appear pink. I don't see pink, but I'm also color blind... so let's continue on as I just call it "The L".
You didn't post the pink picture

Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
SickSUN71
DEUS EX MACHINA

SickSUN71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to SickSUN71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
I never met the guy but isn't there a little story behind an ATL meet and the poe-poes regarding this exact same car (and prior owner) say around 2008??:dunno:
Yep, He was tryin ta' chirp the wheels in the mall parking lot and the Union City police pulled him over. I wanna say it was just a warning though..
One...
Fut :2cool:
SickSUN71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #6
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered

Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418

that thing is in need of "de-rice-ifciation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P
Nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #7
LegendLand
10 Years, 6 Legends

LegendLand will become famous soon enoughLegendLand will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino418 View Post
that thing is in need of "de-rice-ifciation"
agreed.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

We've met four times and you have mentioned "MaryKay" each time we have been together. Now the story makes sense to me.

Color blind, it's a good thing I didn't tell you that the Type II coolant you helped me burp out of my newly installed radiator system last Saturday was white. The Lisle funnel system worked great!

Is that an OEM top hose from the radiator to the engine? I don't think so.

I'll be your wing man Rich if you need any help on the coupe transformation. Call me and I'll be there to help you with anything.

Nice 2005 Odyssey.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Icewind

Icewind is on a distinguished road

Digging the seats...
Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickSUN71 View Post
Yep, He was tryin ta' chirp the wheels in the mall parking lot and the Union City police pulled him over. I wanna say it was just a warning though..
I saw some pics (of the officers talking with the car owner) and figured no one else has those wheels on their Legend. It came up in discussion at the April 2009 meet at Fritz's shop. Well I like those front seats!