AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
DallasLedge89
I Hate Rudeness

DallasLedge89 is on a distinguished road
Default Steve's Idle Adjust Screw Problem

"Does anyone know how to make the idle increase other than adjusting the screw on the TB? I have mine unscrewed all the way (I have also taken the screw out and cleaned both the screw and inside the hole), I have cleaned the EAICV, checked the FIV, put in new O2's, there are no codes on the ECU and the idle is still too low (got the flashing yellow light on the ECU) Pretty much everything has been replaced so I am clueless at this point. Perhaps the TB needs disassembling?"

Noticed this at the end of Steve's valve guide seals post on the old site, to which there was no reply. (back in 2-09)

So here's a reply...

I had a similar situation a while back, so I removed the TB from the intake manifold and gave it the best cleaning I could, specifically the little drillings and passages that you really can't get to without removal of the TB. Found a bit of hard, black build-up in the throat and in the small air passage drillings.

Used spray carb cleaner, #0000 steel wool, and a small bare wire/toothpicks. Also replaced the O-ring on the brass adjusting screw. Had to guess on the O-ring size as the dealerships won't sell the O-ring seperately, only the adjuster screw with the O-ring attached. Pricey, of course.

After reassembly, I found that it was necessary to screw the adjuster screw all the way in and then turn it back out only 1/4 turn to get the correct idle speed.

Worked great for me.
DallasLedge89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
pnoye2
Pinoy Pride...

pnoye2 will become famous soon enough

You can try and finagle the timing a wee bit... other than that, just make sure all intake vacuum lines are intact!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

And also, you might also want to adjust the butterfly too in the throttle body if you can

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote