AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about
Default German google? Virus perhaps?

my daughter woke me up the other night to tell me that she had one of those "virus cleaning programs" pop up as she thought our computer had been infected, but this program isn't one I've ever used.

(it tells you your comp. is infected and to click here to clean your PC, but when you click it takes you to a page where you pay for their product.)

I ran a bunch of cleaning programs but I noticed abit earlier that when I did a google search it appears to be a german google page?

Does this mean I still could have a virus on my computer?

Malwarebytes, CCleaner, Norton (free with comcast,) have been run so I'm wondering whats going on?

Thanks in advance.

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
daveCFPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

Usually if it takes you to a page where it says your computer is infected and it starts to scan, its a virus site. It pretty much reads all your info in your HDD. A friend of mine did the same, but his kid was on it. He noticed a lot of virus was placed on his PC after it was on one of those stupid pages.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
OLDSKOOLACURA
legend love

OLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enoughOLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enough

that those are viruses. they have been happening alot. it tells you you have a virus and if you click "sweep" then you just got a virus. exit out of it as FAST as possible, fu%$ing loser computer virus programmers. they have nother better to do.
I'd just be sooo tempted to shoot just random stuff. Street lights, assholes, things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLACURA View Post
most people take pride in having a new car, I take pride in having a old car that looks new
OLDSKOOLACURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
94legendcpe
Junior Cheeseburger

94legendcpe will become famous soon enough

Boot it in safe mode, run msconfig, select the start up tab, and then uncheck all the bloatware or anything you don't know what it is. I had this a few days ago and thats how I got rid of it.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

safemode = F7 @ startup or F8?

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
Old 08-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

F8

be back later.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
ManOfBusiness
My Penis Has A Name

ManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the rough

Run R Kill, then run virus/malware/spyware software.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
B+O
RIP Fut-diesel

B+O has a spectacular aura aboutB+O has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfBusiness View Post
Run R Kill, then run virus/malware/spyware software.

Exactly... download rKill, then go to your browser options and uncheck "Proxy Server" Under i think it was "Advanced" settings i'm not sure...

Once you do that, run rKill... It'll try to stop it a few times, just keep running it until the windows stop popping up.

Then run update and run malwarebytes, it should quarantine your infection. may be about 10-12 files, including registry entries.

Once that happened to me, I upgraded my antivirus and spyware... Got that Norton.
B+O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
The Crowing

The Crowing will become famous soon enoughThe Crowing will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to The Crowing Send a message via MSN to The Crowing Send a message via Yahoo to The Crowing Send a message via Skype™ to The Crowing

Netherlands, not Germany.

Good luck figuring that out. I've never seen something change a google page.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

I remember one time I had some malware change the settings in my firefox to search a different engine when I used the in browser search bar. I had to dig deep into some advanced settings I didn't know existed to change an internet address that all your searches use to connect with google and perform the search.

I've actually used this knowledge to automatically direct any user search to a specific and hilarious vulgar site. Anyway, try googling things the hard way by going to the actual website and you'll probably find some threads where people fixed the same problem.