AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2017, 10:03 AM   #1
calebstevens

calebstevens is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think? Good deal?

Hello Acura world. I have an 89 Legend L That I've owned for probably 4 years now. I absolutely love it and it has given me virtually zero problems, but I've always secretly wished she was a 5 speed. I don't let her know that tho.

Anyway I'm always checking Craigslist and came across this piece of work. $700 and the guy selling has been open about its issues and recent work that has been done to it.

Pros:
-runs strong
-161K miles
-new clutch
-newer timing belt
-new alternator

Cons:
-burns oil
-interior is meh
-body damage to front driver quarter

The 2dr LS 5sp is my dream. But I just need to decide if this is too much of a risk... what do you guys think? I can work on my own cars, and don't mind doing some work on this one, but if there are some serious things to look out for, I'd appreciate the insight! Gonna go look at it this evening.
Thanks!

calebstevens is offline   Reply With Quote