AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 01-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #41
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

When our '94 sedan was totaled in 2013, after some negotiations, I took Geico's offer of about $2500 (I had just flown to Houston to pick it up a month earlier and that's what I paid for it. ) and I kept the car. I never gave them the title, so the title is clean. When the '94 coupe was totaled a few months later (I flew to OH and drove it to NALM '13 in Milwaukee and back to VA.) State Farm offered, and I accepted, about $4500 due to the condition of the car. (Neither accident was our fault.)

Somewhere, I have a copy of the settlement letter on the coupe from State Farm, if that would help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #42
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
...Somewhere, I have a copy of the settlement letter on the coupe from State Farm, if that would help...
Thanks John, current negotiations are proceeding as expected. I do anticipate an escalation because my current adjuster said a couple times today "take your car away" and we all know that's not going to happen. I explained to her my expectations and sent a detail message to her with some history. I can only hope for a fairly quick settlement with a clean title remaining in hand.

The rear bumper in good condition is going to be very difficult to find, but once that's accomplished I can get a good repair done. There is very little body work needed.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #43
LowPSI

LowPSI will become famous soon enough

Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-24-2016, 04:28 AM   #44
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

I blame this accident on texting & driving.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:31 PM   #45
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HondaOwner View Post
I blame this accident on texting & driving.
And you would be correct. Due to the selfish indulgence of a distracted driver I am again suffering through negotiation with an insurance company. Progressive rep keeps saying she wants me to be pleased with the way they are treating me so maybe it will go smoother than with the State Farm adjuster who indirectly told me I had a worthless old car and I should be happy I was getting anything at all.... his supervisor disagreed.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 01-25-2016, 11:40 AM   #46
legend921

legend921 is on a distinguished road

Sounds like an unprofessional adjuster to just say something like that to you. I hope you get it negotiated and keep this beauty on the road. Such a shame that this is happening to you.
legend921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #47
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

Negotiations are complete. The repair estimate is being honored and my car doesn't become a total loss this time. Now to find a nice bumper complete.

I turned in the rental Town & Country and have never been so happy to get a slushbox sedan under my control.

rich

Old 01-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #48
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Yeah too bad things took so long to develop on this claim Rich. hgeez: We had a lone '95 Legend here at our Pull-A-Part that was a flood damage vehicle. Both bumpers iirc were in good shape and even a visiting forum member from Florida considered taking at least one of them home if it would have fit. Sadly that car hit the crusher about 2 - 3 weeks ago now.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:00 AM   #49
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

Sadly the Legend inventories are not at the Pull A Part yards near Rich & I like they have been in the past. Location 1 mile from me hasn't had a Legend on the lot for over two months. Makes locating a rear bumper cover a little difficult.

hgeez:
Old 11-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #50
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

I finally got a replacement rear bumper painted and installed, I just realized I haven't snapped any pics... a task for tomorrow.

I also failed EMI with super high NOx, intake cleaned and egr replaced 2 years ago but I have developed 2 exhaust leaks so I went a-huntin. Both pre-cats had failed with breaks causing exhaust leaks. The right side leak was right next to the O2 sensor so I suspect that was the culprit... but the left side also has a breach just before the catalyst.

Fortunately as a hoarder I was prepared with donor precats long forgotten until today.

EMI test tomorrow if I get a chance should look much better.

rich