AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 07-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #51
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92legendproject View Post
thanks that helps. (p.s. i have a type1 3.2 so i was gonna buy the type 2 intake and cams do i need to use type2 injectors or will the type1 work just fine?)
injectors between the two are the same.

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #52
KA Charliie
Sky's The Limit

KA Charliie is on a distinguished road

Will tha 3.2 headers fit on tha 3.5? I plan to get some n I also plan to do tha 3.5 swap as well. So don't wanna get them n then they dont even fit.
KA Charliie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #53
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA Charliie View Post
Will tha 3.2 headers fit on tha 3.5? I plan to get some n I also plan to do tha 3.5 swap as well. So don't wanna get them n then they dont even fit.
Yes, they fit fine.

-Matt
Old 07-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #54
KA Charliie
Sky's The Limit

KA Charliie is on a distinguished road

Alright cool. Thanks man, I appreciate it.
KA Charliie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #55
devolution
crazy diamond

devolution will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing that since the alternator upper bracket from the 3.2 doesn't line up exactly to the mounting holes on the 3.5 (the lowest bolt hole is off) that people generally just use the 3.2 and leave one of the bolts out? not my ideal but if no one's had a problem after doing this then I guess there's no risk.
devolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #56
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolution View Post
I'm guessing that since the alternator upper bracket from the 3.2 doesn't line up exactly to the mounting holes on the 3.5 (the lowest bolt hole is off) that people generally just use the 3.2 and leave one of the bolts out? not my ideal but if no one's had a problem after doing this then I guess there's no risk.
no problem at all.... If you're feeling ocd drill the hole larger.

-Matt
Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #57
casatirider
casatirider

casatirider is on a distinguished road
Smile Legend C32A to C35A engine swap

I just purchased my C35A engine to swap out the C32A and I just want to understand why the parts like (coil pack, injectors, fuel railes, exhaust) need to be swapped out and the Legend ECU used? If the RL ECU were used wouldnt it prevent the need for the parts mentioned being swapped and wouldnt the engine run smoother with the RL parts and ECU? Is there a major reason for not using the RL ECU? Please educate a novice...
casatirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #58
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by casatirider View Post
I just purchased my C35A engine to swap out the C32A and I just want to understand why the parts like (coil pack, injectors, fuel railes, exhaust) need to be swapped out and the Legend ECU used? If the RL ECU were used wouldnt it prevent the need for the parts mentioned being swapped and wouldnt the engine run smoother with the RL parts and ECU? Is there a major reason for not using the RL ECU? Please educate a novice...
Good question, but let's think on it for a moment. Do you think that the pin-out on the RL ECU is identical to the Legend pin-out? This means, do you think that all the wires of the Legend wire harness would automatically match up to the RL ecu? My bet would be, no. (Though, honestly, I may be wrong).

Also, the ECU controls much more than just the motor.

You can use the 3.5 fuel rails as stated in this thread.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #59
casatirider
casatirider

casatirider is on a distinguished road

Spoke to Quadraxkad last night on the chat session about why I had to swap put Type II parts on the RL engine he said because of RL engine is ODBII and Type II is ODBI. Did some reading today and if the main difference between ODBI and ODBII is ODBII has a sensor on the CATalytic converter to determine if its there and if it is working properly. Can I use the RL ECU and loop the circuit so that the ECU thinks its there and working? Just trying to prevent swapping parts if possible..?
casatirider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #60
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

OBDII is a lot more than just a sensor here and there. Nobody has done an OBDII swap on a Legend, and there's no reason to do it. Just use the Legend ECU and you're done.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote