AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
calebstevens
Junior Member
 
calebstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 34


calebstevens is on a distinguished road
Default

Not sure if anyone is reading this/cares, but here are some better photos of the whip.
And check out what I found UNDER THE TRUNK CARPET under the spare

Was debating on buying fog lights for it, cause unfortunately the OEM ones are long gone and all thats left is some nasty blue plastic piece of crap (see front photo) but after finding these, I'm definitely gonna invest in some. Do any of you know if the OEM covers fit the Bosch Pilot 150s? (I read this is a very close replacement for the OEM foglight.)




TERRIBLE!!


Pretty rough interior.. and smelly.




Anybody have that rear right trim they wanna sell?


calebstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:55 PM   #12
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!
 
94LegendaryAcuraGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Inside the LAB!! ;-)
Posts: 6,503


Real Name: DUH The Mad Scientist!! A.K.A. Chaka
94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about
Default

Nice pickup on the G1 coupe! I'll let the G1 guys chime in on the fog light question. We've been pretty sparse on Legends around here but I'll keep my eyes open for a G1 as they do pop up from time to time here. Since NOBODY has one that I've seen in nearly FOREVER the parts picking is pretty good when one does arrive. I'm one of the last Legend enthusiasts left in central Alabama.
__________________
3.5 Type II Hybrid Club Member!
The Mad Scientist!!
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #13
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin
 
JKLedbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trinity, AL
Posts: 742



JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstevens View Post
...But does this thing where the idle is a bit irregular and when I give it gas the headlights brighten and the battery light comes on. This is mainly when its in neutral at a stop. Do . you guys think thats probably an alternator issue?

I know it's got some other sort of electrical issue too cause the battery drains overnight from something drawing power...
An intermittent battery light suggests the brushes in the alternator have worn out.

A bad alternator can also be the source of a parasitic draw.

You can narrow down where the draw is coming from by disconnecting the negative cable of the battery and connecting a multimeter between the cable and the battery post to measure the parasitic drain. Then methodically pull fuses until it drops.

When I recently had a parasitic draw (http://forums.acuralegend.org/parasi...aw-t34826.html), even though it was flowing through the ECU fuse, it was actually caused by the Fan Timer Unit, which had gone bad and was causing the ECU to remain active all the time.

-Kennon

Last edited by JKLedbetter; 06-03-2017 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added link
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #14
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin
 
JKLedbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trinity, AL
Posts: 742



JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
Nice pickup on the G1 coupe! I'll let the G1 guys chime in on the fog light question. We've been pretty sparse on Legends around here but I'll keep my eyes open for a G1 as they do pop up from time to time here. Since NOBODY has one that I've seen in nearly FOREVER the parts picking is pretty good when one does arrive. I'm one of the last Legend enthusiasts left in central Alabama.
Hey, don't forget your North Alabama G1 Legend brother.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #15
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin
 
JKLedbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Trinity, AL
Posts: 742



JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstevens View Post
...I shook my head when they guy said he caulked the sunroof shut cause it was leaking...
A leaking sunroof is usually due to clogged sunroof drains, one at each of four corners.

One of Honda's less smart ideas was to put rubber pinch valves at the bottom of the drains, which cause clogs. Poke some thick weedeater line through them and you should be able to unclog them. On the sedan you can only access the front drains from the top, and the rear drains from the bottom.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #16
calebstevens
Junior Member
 
calebstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 34


calebstevens is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKLedbetter View Post
A leaking sunroof is usually due to clogged sunroof drains, one at each of four corners.

One of Honda's less smart ideas was to put rubber pinch valves at the bottom of the drains, which cause clogs. Poke some thick weedeater line through them and you should be able to unclog them. On the sedan you can only access the front drains from the top, and the rear drains from the bottom.

-Kennon
Good advice on the alternator... I've been suspecting that so I'll get that tested. And I've attempted the battery/volt meter/ fuse pulling method with not much luck. Never really moved from 3.something when I pulled fuses.

And I know!! All the guy had to do was unclog those tubes! Did it to my '89 last winter and hasn't leaked through to the cabin since. But now I get to do some meticulous heating and scraping.

Going to the scrap yard today to look for some odds and ends. Wiper motor, sunroof motor, maybe some interior if I'm lucky!

Still would love some input on the Bosch fog lights with the OEM covers.
calebstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:09 AM   #17
AcuRas
Junior Member
 
AcuRas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 61


AcuRas is on a distinguished road
Default

Of course we care! Welcome to the Legend family! If you haven't already download the service manual- that is for me is the most incredible resource as an owner and the greatest manual I've ever flipped through. Also the G1 FAQ here is awesome with paint codes and little details etc.

If you look inside the drivers door there is a chrome plate with the ID and label from where in Japan the car was assembled, so cool. Talk about JDM. It reminds me I was on the east side of Detroit a few weeks ago and pulled behind a newer Civic hatchback dude had a "JDM" licence plate holder. I started revving and took off making a turn behind him just shredding my front tires lol. 181 HP honestly can get up especially 3rd to 4th gear.

Seriously congratulations and glad to see a Legend revived in the right hands. They don't make em like this (quality) anymore. Please post as many pics/questions etc. It's nice to see the forum get a little burst of energy.
AcuRas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:09 PM   #18
calebstevens
Junior Member
 
calebstevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 34


calebstevens is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuRas View Post
Of course we care! Welcome to the Legend family! If you haven't already download the service manual- that is for me is the most incredible resource as an owner and the greatest manual I've ever flipped through. Also the G1 FAQ here is awesome with paint codes and little details etc.

If you look inside the drivers door there is a chrome plate with the ID and label from where in Japan the car was assembled, so cool. Talk about JDM. It reminds me I was on the east side of Detroit a few weeks ago and pulled behind a newer Civic hatchback dude had a "JDM" licence plate holder. I started revving and took off making a turn behind him just shredding my front tires lol. 181 HP honestly can get up especially 3rd to 4th gear.

Seriously congratulations and glad to see a Legend revived in the right hands. They don't make em like this (quality) anymore. Please post as many pics/questions etc. It's nice to see the forum get a little burst of energy.
Haha! Ok, as long as I'm not on here talking to myself!
Agreed. The quality on these cars is what has me wanting to spend my time and money fixing this one up. Bought my first legend (89 Automatic 4Dr) on a whim cause it had insanely low miles and it was a good deal. Since then I've been pretty much obsessed with the G1s. I've had rental cars, driven friends cars, and nothing beats the feel of these older Legends. Plus I've grown to love the look of them. Such a sharp car.

And yes, just downloaded the manual. I'm sure it'll come in handy from here on out.
calebstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:12 PM   #19
AcuraG1Coupe
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 51
Real Name: Jay
AcuraG1Coupe is on a distinguished road
Default

Speaking of factory service manuals I have two original factory printed books which are superior to the ones you can download IMHO. PM me if you need one. Also have the original owners manual that came with the car.
AcuraG1Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #20
sam o nela
Banned
 
sam o nela's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,250




sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Wow thats a great starting point for the car! Looking forward to the progress!

I made an alternator replacement vid on YouTube a few years back. Its just a few more steps to replace the brushes if you wanna give that a whirl.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chopped" View Post
I Would Think The Higher Octane Fuel Would Burn Cleaner...Thus Leaving Less Deposits Of Carbon...But Im Not Even Smart Enough To Stop My Phone From Capitalizing Everything...
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1989, 1990, 1st gen, acura


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good deal?? ModernFX 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 10 07-09-2016 11:41 AM
would this be a good deal? Wayne-A-Ferd 1st Gen. RL General Discussion 10 02-08-2013 01:23 PM
Good Deal? greenswisher 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 3 04-12-2012 02:58 PM
good deal? reddLegend 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 3 11-20-2009 02:15 PM
Is this a good deal? LegendLand 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion 11 09-05-2009 07:36 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

AcuraLegend.Org is not affiliated with, nor represents in any form, Acura and Honda Motor Company. Some logos and names used herein remain the trademark of Honda Motor Company.