AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about
Default dissension here in Acura Land?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MondiVTEC View Post
There seems to be some amount of tension between the two coasts and also cliques within the community itself.
This is interesting, as I've semi noticed the "cliques" as well.

I just attribute those to Legend owners who have spent face time together. This would be natural as you are more comfortable with people whom you've actually met over someone you haven't, and those that have helped others with various projects with their cars. Doesn't bother me at all.

I'll be the first to admit that I whined the loudest when it came to NALM, as I'm sure some of you this year are finding out about how much time away from work (and $$) you would need to make the trip.

With the distance and time away from work, I was hugely disappointed as I would really like to meet everyone I can as we all share a common interest with our cars.

I don't hold anyone to their "online personality" when I meet them in person. There is only SO MUCH you can convey with black and white text on any forum. What is not conveyed is fill in the blank'ed by the reader.

Personally I think NALM should be a 3-4 day event. I understand that driving 1800-2000 miles you would want to get your money's worth, but in the end I think a day or two less would make up for it down the line in attendance.

The online community has already been built. Wouldn't it be nice to take the same passion and apply it to in person to a point where at times when its just not possible to drive to NALM, that those that could, would fly in just to come hang out with the in person bonds that have been made? (sounds like there has been some work to that in the past)

As far as I'm concerned - it you don't steal from me, or threaten my family - pretty much everything else is water under the bridge when it comes to getting together in person. Lets get to know one another, and have a good time.

I would like to hear other's thoughts on this without getting nasty twords anyone.

thank you in advance

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1

Last edited by daveCFPrez; 07-08-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
Reboticon
Lord Of The Clunker

New event at NALM, Legend Fight Club?
Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
I'll be the first to admit that I whined the loudest when it came to NALM,

Personally I think NALM should be a 3-4 day event. I understand that driving 1800-2000 miles you would want to get your money's worth, but in the end I think a day or two less would make up for it down the line in attendance.

The online community has already been built. Wouldn't it be nice to take the same passion and apply it to in person to a point where at times when its just not possible to drive to NALM, that those that could, would fly in just to come hang out with the in person bonds that have been made? (sounds like there has been some work to that in the past)

Dave: You're right. Youve whined the loudest.

However many days it is, come whatever works for you.

The cars are now at least 15 years old. The real enthusiats are going to be the only ones left soon. We better stick together if there is to be a future A-L community.

Alan
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
daveCFPrez
54102-SP0-A00

daveCFPrez has a spectacular aura aboutdaveCFPrez has a spectacular aura about

It only took me over 40 years, but I'm learning that "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Dave: You're right. Youve whined the loudest.

"I find quite often that the "offer I can't refuse" is pretty easy to refuse." rwheadon

Trying to sell something that is in "mint" condition? Please read here: http://forums.acuralegend.org/showpo...39&postcount=1
Old 07-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
Captain Kenpachi
Infamous Left Lane

Captain Kenpachi will become famous soon enough

um sorry bro but what are you getting at..?
Old 07-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
Fut
OG Member

Fut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveCFPrez View Post
"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

One...

Fut

G2 Copy MLS Strut Tower Bar Group Buy
8 Confirmed Buyers - 2 More Needed
Old 07-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

dave I feel pretty close to you [with all the stuff we've chatted about and what u still do (yes I know you still do it )]

I'd like to meet more members there's some members I don't ever care to meet because how they carry themselves. Thats why even though online we are a giant group only a few will ALWAYS show up.

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
Old 07-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
ManOfBusiness
My Penis Has A Name

ManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the rough

hgeez: What is this online gangs madness?

SMH @ online cliques, I really think its funny.

I like you guys, some more than others, but what does it matter? I come here to learn and share experiences with legends, and also in life. wa da fak a clik gotta do wif dat?

As far as nalm, you guys have fun long trips just aint my thing,

Last edited by ManOfBusiness; 07-08-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:54 PM   #9
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfBusiness View Post
hgeez: What is this online gangs madness?

SMH @ online cliques, I really think its funny.

I like you guys, some more than others, but what does it matter? I come here to learn and share experiences with legends, and also in life. wa da fak a clik gotta do wif dat?

As far as nalm, you guys have fun long trips just aint my thing,
who let u outta the sex thread? get back there!

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
ManOfBusiness
My Penis Has A Name

ManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the roughManOfBusiness is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
who let u outta the sex thread? get back there!
shit, caught me slippin, back I go!
I live in that damn thread... shame... hgeez: