AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
LegenDinTheMaKing

LegenDinTheMaKing is on a distinguished road
Default ECU question for type 2 swap.

So I have been using my 1991 type 1 ecu for about a month now after I swapped in my type II engine and tranny. To tell you the truth it has been running kind of "lean". It feels like forever to move from 2nd to 3rd but once I'm in 3rd she moves. is this a common problem with a type 2 engine and tranny running on a type 1 ecu? I'm looking at switching the computers as soon as possible. I am in new york would it make sense to get a California state ecu if I come across one or should I just stick with the federal?

Another thing I noticed when I came across another type 2 sapped legend was that our throttle cable and cruise control cables were in slightly different locations. Like my cruise control cable was lower than his. could this be because mine is a 1991 L and his is a 94 L? With the type II swap should I have swapped out the throttle body as well or will I be fine?

You Guys are awesome and have all been a great help during this entire project. looking foward to getting some feedback. Peace.

Last edited by LegenDinTheMaKing; 04-23-2011 at 08:19 AM.
LegenDinTheMaKing is offline   Reply With Quote