AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > The Projects > Legend Builds

Old 06-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #31
Legend37

Legend37 is on a distinguished road

Bad luck with that GS!
Old 06-11-2015, 09:58 PM   #32
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Whoa Rich! I have no comment regarding who might have been driving! Good thing you have a sedan vs a coupe so a "new" front bumper shouldn't be too difficult to find!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #33
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend37 View Post
Bad luck with that GS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94LegendaryAcuraGS View Post
Whoa Rich! I have no comment regarding who might have been driving! Good thing you have a sedan vs a coupe so a "new" front bumper shouldn't be too difficult to find!
Ya, I'll be looking at it next week. Bumper got pulled off extracting the car from shrubery and off of the curb. I don't think there's anything major wrong.

I wish I could blame it on the teen driver, but the combination of a trunk load of tile and someone driving with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake resulted in what you see.

I guess I should start calling the black GS "Battleship"

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #34
lanzarlaluna
Legend Grasshopper

lanzarlaluna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
someone driving with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake
Maybe they were trying to experience that manual feeling of driving with both feet.
lanzarlaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #35
One6DSwifflY
Brooklyn Memba

One6DSwifflY is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Another member picked up the whole set right after I posted that pic. They are a bit battle worn but he was satisfied with them.

I got the GS into pretty good shape, but there's been a recent "Uh oh" in the family that involved a parking lot, a curb, some shrubs and a fence.

Now I need to track down a bumper and fix the fog harness.

rich
figures... did u find a bumper yet? i have a lead on 1 in a surrounding state that i wanted to pick up but my brake job aced that idea. thought i needed it because my right bumper signal light is pushed to stay in the bumper but all i need is a screw clip to hold the signal light to the bumper. i was quoted a GOOD price for the bumper. lmk if u may be interested. i just want something from the bumper that maybe u could ship to me for the info. holla at me

"This 1 is for BROOKLYN! Land of da Crooks, home of my dame..." do ya research!!
One6DSwifflY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #36
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by One6DSwifflY View Post
figures... did u find a bumper yet? i have a lead on 1 in a surrounding state that i wanted to pick up but my brake job aced that idea. thought i needed it because my right bumper signal light is pushed to stay in the bumper but all i need is a screw clip to hold the signal light to the bumper. i was quoted a GOOD price for the bumper. lmk if u may be interested. i just want something from the bumper that maybe u could ship to me for the info. holla at me
I'll watch local salvage yards for a couple weeks and if I don't find a nice cover then I'll just buy one new from Ed Voyles. I am a little uneasy shipping a bumper cover since any scuffing or damage that slips through ends up costing me a lot more in body shop repair and prep time.

I'll shoot you a PM when I get this moving about anything on my bumper you might need.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:53 PM   #37
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

Got a brand new bumper for the GS. The couple I found would have had to be repaired and I just opted to put a new OEM on it.

Just a quick pic as I take it off to be aligned.

rich

Old 07-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #38
jose3030
OG Member

jose3030 is on a distinguished road

Having a meet at your house every day must be fun.
jose3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #39
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose3030 View Post
Having a meet at your house every day must be fun.
Ya, but I get really really tired of talking to myself.

rich

Old 01-23-2016, 03:04 PM   #40
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

Default Punched again...

As posted previously in another thread, my 95 GS got punched in the back by a Hyundai at the beginning of this month.

Even though the repair work is fairly minimal, Progressive Insurance has deemed my car a total loss and we are now negotiating the settlement.

I've inspected the car from above and below. No structural damage is evident though the bumper hasn't come off the car yet. My biggest headache right now is finding comparables. The ones progressive found are dirt cheap and need like 3 or 4 grand in work before they will be in same condition so they really aren't comparable. I'm really not sure how this one is going to shake out... I'm pushing for a clean title so repairing the car will be justified.

rich