AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboarder711 View Post
I like to hear my engine. Not get annoyed by it
I hear ya. Ive been in a car with a stromung w/ obx headers & test pipe for some loooong road trips, and the sound wasnt bad at all. I could def see where some mufflers would drone and drive someone crazy. I guess in the end though, thats really subjective to the individual driving and what their tolerance for sound/drone noise is.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
Gascan
Less doom less gloom

Gascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the roughGascan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
I hear ya. Ive been in a car with a stromung w/ obx headers & test pipe for some loooong road trips, and the sound wasnt bad at all. I could def see where some mufflers would drone and drive someone crazy. I guess in the end though, thats really subjective to the individual driving and what their tolerance for sound/drone noise is.
I remember when I had obx headers & test pipe with a Magnaflow muffler; the drone would induce headaches on trips longer than 10 minutes. Seems like that's what separates high-quality mufflers (Stromung/Remus) from the rest of the mufflers most have mounted on their Legend's over the years. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is still true.
Gascan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #23
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascan View Post
I remember when I had obx headers & test pipe with a Magnaflow muffler; the drone would induce headaches on trips longer than 10 minutes. Seems like that's what separates high-quality mufflers (Stromung/Remus) from the rest of the mufflers most have mounted on their Legend's over the years. The old adage "you get what you pay for" is still true.
+1

It seems like the magnaflow, vibrant, obx and other mufflers dont sound as bad with stock manifolds, y-pipe, and cat, but once you open up the flow of those, the noise and drone gets to be a bit of a nuisance. As a great Legend once said "pay once, cry once"
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #24
Type2_808

Type2_808 is on a distinguished road

damn i guess imma be saving up for a stromung..... but seriously I'm one of those people (maybe stubborn idk) that needs to go through things a little at a time so when i finally get to where i wanna be it makes me feel more accomplished i guess. call me stupid but imma get me a cheap-o muffler from my friend and just sell it later for a stromung or something.... but I'm really really wanting that tanabe sound!
Type2_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 AM   #25
hustlav6
Banned

hustlav6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post
WTF is this guy talking about? They all are street mufflers that sound great.

Yes it depends on the car, but it seems that most V6's sound the same (and yes I realize the second vid is a 4 banger)
please... i've got a feeling that you never had one, you just throwing in vids from youtube, you have to listen to it inside and outside the car in real life to understand what kind of a crap sound is coming out od them, btw. you showed a vid with twin loop design mufflers , and resonated specific 350z/g35 mufflers which are great in terms of sound, but i was talking about this:

and this :

you know fart cannons, i had those thing on my cars and that was last time, and i heard how they sound on 4 bangers v6 and even v8 , everytime the same, like dying cattle

Last edited by hustlav6; 02-18-2012 at 03:11 AM.
hustlav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #26
Type2_808

Type2_808 is on a distinguished road

anyone got their 2 on skunk2 mega power muffler for our cars?
Type2_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #27
SuperLegend91
Admit the obsession

SuperLegend91 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to SuperLegend91

LOL @ dying cattle- priceless!
SuperLegend91 is offline   Reply With Quote