AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 08-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #21
Chitowndude

Chitowndude is on a distinguished road
Default Matt, is your offer still good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Hey I'm in Chicago suburbs, Palatine. Be more than happy to look at it for you.

-Matt
Matt, given the accolades you've received from other members on this board, and given that I'll be putting my '92 legend to the test with a drive out West, are you still OK with taking it for a drive and seeing what you think? If so, what's the best way for us to connect to do this?
Chitowndude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 AM   #22
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Hey I'm in Chicago suburbs, Palatine. Be more than happy to look at it for you.

-Matt
Yes thank God you are still alive and now I know where you are! A certain member and his 3.5 hybrid has tried to reach out to you for a "tune". (Y'all going to FORCE a man to join Facebook huh?? ) I also hope the family is all doing well! Hit me up PLEASE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
I'd say that mechanic took you for a ride.......Spark plugs, belts for $3200.

Has the transmission ever been properly serviced? If not, I'd have that done before you go to Cali. Fluid changed AND screen checked.
Alan is correct on that screen REPLACEMENT. I believe that contributed to my transmission losing the 2nd gear clutch around 240K. My fluid was changed RELIGIOUSLY every 18 months regardless and I drove a TON back then but as mentioned the screen was not something people knew about and was overlooked. Honda of that era STOPPED putting filters/screens in their transmissions (can anyone say 1998 - 2002 Accords and 1998 - 2003 Acura TLs with transmission issues by the THOUSANDS?? ). Because your car sits sediments and small metal particles can settle on that filter which does its job and sends through beautiful pink fluid. My transmission fluid looked just fine even AFTER I lost 2nd gear access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One6DSwifflY View Post
Wish I was in Chicago. I would RUN to Matt's to get my car checked even if 10 mechanics 'checked' my car! Also, if you have an F-type interior sedan, I have some BNIB OEM sedan mats available. I have others but more than likely, you have an F-type interior. If interested pm me. I may post some pics soon for everyone else looking for mats. MISS YOU MATT! Hope the fam & all that is good!
^^ This!! with ONE exception, the DIABOLICAL Wrenchman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowPSI View Post
Just an FYI, Matt Wallace has forgotten more about your car than the 4 mechanics that you've been to. Anyone that's been in the Legend "game" for any length of time would give their eye teeth to be able to have Matt's eyes/ears on our Legends.
^^ This . . . AGAIN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirstyTree View Post
Take it to Sr5guy even if there are only dirt roads covered in black ice uphill both ways. He is THE Legend master mechanic nationally. These cars are special, and deserve an enthusiast mechanic who knows every nut and bolt

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
^^ This!! See a recurring theme here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitowndude View Post
Matt, given the accolades you've received from other members on this board, and given that I'll be putting my '92 legend to the test with a drive out West, are you still OK with taking it for a drive and seeing what you think? If so, what's the best way for us to connect to do this?
Thank you for seeing the light!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:00 AM   #23
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitowndude View Post

Thanks for the transmission info, Jackson. Yeah, I've had the fluid checked regularly and therefore the screen as well. Always been told it's been clear every time. Probably 'cause I don't drive it a lot. Explains also why I'm not keen on driving to Palatine.
Just because you had your fluid changed DOES NOT MEAN that your screen was checked/ replaced.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:17 AM   #24
CRiSS

CRiSS is on a distinguished road

there is a thread on low mile legends somewhere on .org, or .com.something about them sitting for so long can be bad. look it up maybe it will direct you better!. when you have the transmission screen changed get it from honda or else you will have to do it sooner then normal. good luck
CRiSS is offline   Reply With Quote