AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > First Generation Legend -- 1986 - 1990 > 1st Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 09-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
eggotrip
1989 acura legend

eggotrip is on a distinguished road

Also with my clutch could it be a problem with the hydraulic system? the clutch seems to grab and disengage perfectly it just has bad pressure before the grab point and doesnt always return all the way after being pressed. It returns enough to work and usually pops all the way back within a second of taking my foot off of it. Basically im wondering if the master/slave cylinder could be bad or when I bled it maybe I did something wrong this is after all the first car I've worked on past installing headers and intakes.
eggotrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
eggotrip
1989 acura legend

I might just end up replacing them all anyway seeing as it's maybe $300 to get everything related to the clutch fixed
Old 09-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #13
cars-all-mighty
pick-n-pull graduate

cars-all-mighty is on a distinguished road

+1 for 5 and R having resistance

Just to make sure, do you mean the clutch pedal itself doesn't return? i would check the pedal itself (have fun cramming down there enough to see). Make sure your not missing the return spring or have rusty linkage. you can also check the piston in the clutch master cylinder for any leaking in the same position. the full service manual PDF has a great section on adjustment and grease points for the pedal
cars-all-mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #14
eggotrip
1989 acura legend

Yeah the clutch pedal doesn't fully return right away I was waiting till I could go and look at my clutch before I responded so I could post something useful but alas it continues to rain and I haven't gone to look yet. Hopefully will get it sorted on Monday.