AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Other Cars

Old 07-24-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711
Default Life After the legend

So recently I went up to CT to hang with Tom ( Ze Nurse) and Ken (Capt' SLOW) only to say each one of us brought the wrong car.:dunno:

As usually some photos are taken and do manage to get posted. Here they are. Also December 2.0 never really made it into any shots but it was there.

Tom found this great spot along a river next to the Godspeed Opera house.

(photographed by Ken, one of my favorites of his so I did a little editing)

We also found a runway but couldn't access the run way

On the way home rolling shots were a must.

Another from Ken

Lastly this weekend I fully detailed my fiancÚ's '12 TSX Sport Wagon. I think shell be happy with the results

bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

I lived up to my name sake this weekend. Rich and I arrived in CT having traveled the same amount of time. Him from PA, and me from NJ. Nobody said it, but I think everyone was happier with me riding shotgun. It should also be known that the prancing moose has legs. Long muscular legs. Its v8 is the throbbing heart within a cold, dead, heavy, oddly scented shell. Tom was truly wounded when such a large graceless animal took his car for a walk.
Old 07-24-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

This is probably my only picture different enough to warrant sharing.
Old 07-24-2016, 05:30 PM   #4
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

TL looks great......
Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #5
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Nice shots! All cars look primo. Rich- is that the same Volvo you had at the last meet? I can't recall if that is the one I drove?!
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #6
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

Great shots of all the cars! I honestly don't know if I've ever even driven a Volvo. Throw me the keys sometime! I like the rolling shots.

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:45 AM   #7
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

Ken, Nice way of describing the volvo just destorying the TL.

Marc, it is the same one you drove. there as been a couple small things since but nothing major.

Tyson, It will surprise you. If you have an opportunity to drive the v8 DO IT otherwise we will some how make that happen.
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:45 AM   #8
Captain Slow
Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
TL looks great......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Great shots of all the cars! I honestly don't know if I've ever even driven a Volvo. Throw me the keys sometime! I like the rolling shots.
Usually, driving a volvo is like driving the living room couch. It's extremely comfortable, and all the driver feedback is numb. Probably no one makes a better seat, and that's paired with a buttery ride, and a complete lack of road noise. The drive by wire throttle and transmission shift logic is famous for working with complete independence from your desire. My dad had a volvo wagon. I always had to crack a window to stay awake. Rich at least buys volvos with interesting motors. The last one made fun turbo noises, partially due to his tinkering, and this one has a torque monster motor. I never miss an opportunity to tell him he's bought the wrong car, though
Old 07-25-2016, 02:25 PM   #9
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Interesting that you say it "walked all over" the TL. 0-60 in the Volvo is 5.6sec if I have that info correct. Yamaha engine? TL should be pretty close. Tom must have been sleeping . Guess I'll have to meet up with the Type-S
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #10
Nino418
3.5 Hybrid Powered

Nino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura aboutNino418 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nino418

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
Interesting that you say it "walked all over" the TL. 0-60 in the Volvo is 5.6sec if I have that info correct. Yamaha engine? TL should be pretty close. Tom must have been sleeping . Guess I'll have to meet up with the Type-S
Tom was sleeping... And didn't know it was a race because we were in the middle of doing rolling shots... And going up a hill.

Aaaaaaand when said race was then observed the TL proceeded to close the gap but then rich let off because he thought he won. I want a damn rematch.

Oh and sweet pics as always rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyumyum View Post
Still makes me laugh when I think about it. "I am ze nurse. Ve do vant zhe legends to do ze overheatinggss. "
R.I.P

Last edited by Nino418; 07-25-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Nino418 is offline   Reply With Quote