AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Other Cars

Old 01-15-2015, 07:06 AM   #1
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough
Default 1 st. Pic's !! MarcD's six-speed TL Type S

MarcD stopped over on his way home from picking up this beautiful 6-speed TL from down in south Florida. Way too fast for me.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
BruceLeroy
Got that Leroy glow

Nice pickup MarcD, that color is bitchin

Alan, any chance for a 6spd TL in your future? I'm sure you could get used to that extra speed
Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
EarlThePearl
Holla At Ya Boy

EarlThePearl is on a distinguished road

Nice Pickup Marc... What color is the interior? It looks like several LEGEND owners are now purchasing 3G TL's to add to their collections.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Mice score Marc! I am a fan of the 3g TL, especially the Type S with the A-spec package. Love the color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlThePearl View Post
Nice Pickup Marc... What color is the interior? It looks like several LEGEND owners are now purchasing 3G TL's to add to their collections.
Quite a few have, havent they? I know a few of us are jumping ship to the KB1 RL as well. Ive been looking for one for about a year now. Im being extra picky on miles, color, and options. Tech package with the A-spec package, black with black interior. Would like one with under 75k if possible and has to be an 07-08.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

awesome! love that color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Mice score Marc! I am a fan of the 3g TL, especially the Type S with the A-spec package. Love the color!

Quite a few have, havent they? I know a few of us are jumping ship to the KB1 RL as well. Ive been looking for one for about a year now. Im being extra picky on miles, color, and options. Tech package with the A-spec package, black with black interior. Would like one with under 75k if possible and has to be an 07-08.
i was looking at buying a TL before i got my first Legend, always figured when i started looking at Legends, that i would end up in a TL after it, just thought it would be a few years later. got sucked in what i can say now i'm over it tell ya the truth, great car still thou.

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #6
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys! Yeah it was a bit of a crazy buy. I have always liked the 3G body style.
I have been reassessing my small fleet of old Acuras. Recently my DD 02 TLs started showing some signs of the torque converter clutch slipping. I've known for a long time they had trans issues. Owned an 02 back in 03 and sold it after a few years.
Anyways, Saw this one listed on Autotrader 2 weekends ago..the day it was listed. Saw it had high miles at 174k and at first thought ahh too many.. But then looked some more at the pictures and how clean it looked. And the price was pretty good. The Carfax had a huge list of maintenance records all done at the Acura dealer in Palm beach Fl. The car is a Florida car one owner in his 50s. Apparently took very good care of it and the Acura dealer confirmed this (I stopped there to get the records printed out). Figured he car was highway driven a lot on smooth flat Florida roads. So I did some negotiations with the Audi dealer it was at and next thing I knew I had a deposit on it sight unseen. Got a one way flight to Florida Wed, drove to Alan's house that evening, then drove all day Thurs to Virgina. Continued on home yesterday. Added another 1400 miles and it was a blast the whole way home. I can't believe it has 174k. Some more pics to follow but here are a few pictures from my quick visit at Chris' house in Md on my way home. Two 6MT Kinetic blue TLs together. His has Aspec kit and is still a baby at 62k
Edit for some reason photobucket isn't opening..guess I'll add pictures shortly...

Last edited by MarcD; 01-17-2015 at 10:29 AM.
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlThePearl View Post
Thanks Earl. It is the ebony two tone. Only way to go
Old 01-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #8
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

Old 01-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #9
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

A couple other quick shots. I'll have to get some better ones once the weather gets better

Old 01-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #10
780-iamlegend

780-iamlegend is on a distinguished road

That's nice! I always wanted that exact car. Man you guys drive a lot in the states, I never see that many cars with such high mileage in that shape. Congratulations and have fun with it Marc!
780-iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote