AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > Non-OEM Parts

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
NuclearSymphony
130R

NuclearSymphony will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Mugen Adjustable Suspension for G1 Legends

This is a USED set of Mugen adjustable coilovers that will fit the later G1 Legends. It was installed on a 1988 coupe, run for a few hundred miles, and removed. This kit has been in storage until recently, and is beyond rare in the world of Legends. To my knowledge, there is only one other kit like it in the States, and it is the G2 version installed on Fred's KA7.

Just like that one, this comes with all four coilover units, wiring harnesses, the dash switch (SOFT/MEDIUM/HARD), and control unit. I believe one of the coilover cables is missing, but that can easily be custom wired. This is a very rare suspension system in great shape!

This will fit:
  • 1987-1990 Coupe
  • 1989-1990 Sedan

The complete kit is located in NY. Asking price is $2500 shipped to your door (in the continental US). This will be listed on Ebay by Saturday 4/4/15, so act fast!

Paypal is legendm5@yahoo.com.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

Wow... I'm shocked they even had this technology for the g1 back then. I can see this going to a collector but I highly doubt seeing anyone installing this on their g1 at that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
living_legend
Neck Breaker

living_legend is on a distinguished road

Very tempting... I agree on going to a collector...a MUGEN collector at that too...Good Luck with sale, it's a nice set

The Build
The Pictures
Old 04-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #4
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I wish my G1 supported this suspension design

Also, Dreams, the 2nd Gen Maxima (85-89 i believe) actually had an electronic adjustable suspension. It was "okay" by today's standards but very innovative for back then. This I'm sure is an improvement over that system
RIP fut
Old 04-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #5
Dreams94coupe

Dreams94coupe has a spectacular aura aboutDreams94coupe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Dreams94coupe

There actually is a guy in NY who collects anything mugen and I wonder if this coming from him because I heard he has the Legend mugen bumper and suspension for the g2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams94coupe View Post
I've invested way too much time, money, blood sweat and tears for me to see someone else enjoy it. Only way I'm giving up my Vanessa is till death do us apart.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #6
89HondaLegend
Old School

Can somebody tell me how this technology works?

Is it serviceable in anyway, that is, if one of the shocks started leaking or 'blew' you can't replace any of the parts for this ultra rare system?

Lastly do we know if the springs rates are different to the stock OEM?

RIP Fut
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 AM   #7
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
I wish my G1 supported this suspension design

Also, Dreams, the 2nd Gen Maxima (85-89 i believe) actually had an electronic adjustable suspension. It was "okay" by today's standards but very innovative for back then. This I'm sure is an improvement over that system
The 3rd gen Supra 86-91 also had electronic adjustable suspension with 2 settings.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 04-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #8
EarlThePearl
Holla At Ya Boy

EarlThePearl is on a distinguished road

Really Nice Suspension Setup. If only this unit was height adjustable, I would use my tax money to snatch up this rare system. Good luck with your sale.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:07 AM   #9
bsmooth1027
grill master

bsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura aboutbsmooth1027 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to bsmooth1027

Well it does drop the car 1/2 plus adds the firmness settings also
Old 04-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #10
NuclearSymphony
130R

NuclearSymphony will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89HondaLegend View Post
Can somebody tell me how this technology works?

Is it serviceable in anyway, that is, if one of the shocks started leaking or 'blew' you can't replace any of the parts for this ultra rare system?

Lastly do we know if the springs rates are different to the stock OEM?
1) The three-way electronic switch allows the damper rates to be changed from soft to hard, depending on what the driver's needs are. Fred can tell you what he likes to run, but normally SOFT would be for cruising, MEDIUM for a nice twisty back road, and HARD for something like autocross or track use.

2) From what I can tell, Mugen works closely with OEM Honda suppliers like Showa to make their parts - at least that is the case with this kit. My guess is that one would need to contact someone who works closely with Mugen in Japan (like King Motorsports, the original installers of this kit) to have them locate replacement parts if needed. It's entirely possible that some parts are OEM Honda-spec, such as the shock casings.

3) Going by most other Mugen suspension systems, the spring rates are 20-25% firmer than OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmooth1027 View Post
Well it does drop the car 1/2 plus adds the firmness settings also
Close, the drop is about 1" front and rear.

This kit is now listed on Ebay.