AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Marketplace > OEM Parts

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

For those sitting on the fence and wondering whether it's a ripoff or not.

The KA8 fog kits disappeared from the dealers by 2014, the switches were unavailable before that. Depending on your discount relationship at the dealership I saw these available for 375.00 - 550.00 (switch included when available) so an unused set is nearly unicorn status and 600.00 might be one of the best buying opportunities you are going to find.

I have no use for another set or this would be a tempting opportunity.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!

Last edited by rwheadon; 08-31-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:15 AM   #12
tstint16

tstint16 is on a distinguished road

Wow!!!! a brand new Coupe complete fog set Nice!!!!! Somebody will be getting a great deal!!!
Old 08-31-2018, 06:13 AM   #13
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

This is my two cents on the matter after reading some good replies on this post.

I would say three years ago this BNIB set would have been sold the same day to a Legend Coupe owner. But in the past three years our cars as well as the owners are getting older. Fewer new owners are out there buying these cars that are 23 plus years old. And if they do buy a Legend and want to upgrade it, the flow of the Legend crowd over to the faceless and emotional void FaceBook has fractured the Legend community.

I'll be eternally grateful for Alex down in Florida for the wiring harnesses and knowledge that he bestowed upon me with both of my Legends. The sedan is sold but my coupe is still a part of my life. And when I push the fog light button and see both the JDM yellow fog lights as well as the OEM fog lights light up, I remember back in the day when out Legend community and family was tight as ever.

As said before, good luck with the sale of the rare and beautiful set of fog lights.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:48 AM   #14
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Almost makes me wish I had a 94-95 coupe instead of my '93!

Kevin makes some good comments, and several well respected forum members are posting in this thread.

I'm kind of embarrassed to look through the main forum page and see my name so many times as the last post in too many threads....

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 08-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #15
Eliot

Eliot is on a distinguished road

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm not worried if they don't sell. I'll end up using them or just keeping them around. They're bound to sell at some point, I'll take a shot on ebay whenever they have a special on insertion and selling fees.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:13 AM   #16
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind on these for my coupe. However I already have invested in fogs for this car (actually have twice) and have some other "lighting prospects" in mind for the car.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:48 AM   #17
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Damn, this is like a holy grail right here, BNIB KA8 fogs complete kit!?!? If I still had a 94-95 coupe I'd be all over these. GLWS Eliot. You still have that widebody coupe? Thought I may have seen it posted for sale awhile back.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 09-04-2018, 05:02 AM   #18
Eliot

Hello Chris, the widebody will be dismantled and destroyed.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #19
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Eliot, there was some interest shown on the FB owners page regarding purchase of the vehicle if it is still intact. Can't promise anything but I did refer some people to you via your old sale thread. Sorry for the subject change.

Bump for foglights!
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 09-19-2018, 04:15 AM   #20
Eliot

Hello Chris,

The vehicle is still intact, I have not dismantled it yet.
I just got a PM from a new member about it. I appreciate the heads up and for sending them this way as I don't follow anything on facebook.

Thank you.
Closed Thread