AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > First Generation Legend (1986 - 1990)

Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Display allows you to see the clock with the car off while you hold it down
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #32
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

Ugh thats it.... lol guess ill be hitting some junk yards after i get this girl going.. lol
Thanks man
Old 04-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #33
withidl
withidl

withidl is on a distinguished road

I acquired a 1988 Legend Sedan V6L ~10 months ago and recently acquired an Information Center with ALL of it’s wiring from a salvaged V6LS. I found this post to be very informative in my retrofit to my vehicle.

That being said, I found several short-cuts that my 1988 allowed for as follows:

• First I extracted ALL of the Info Center’s wiring (I did not cut away from the dash harness).
• The “Orange” wire referenced by the OP above is a direct pin into a vacant opening in the gauge connector, no tapping required.
• The “Pink#3” wire to the ECU (under the passenger seat) is also a direct pin into a vacant opening in the ECU, no tapping required (but I did have to re-route and extend it to the ECU, but used an OEM pink wire pin).
• The wires from the coolant and washer reservoirs on my 1988 are OEM loomed from the reservoirs all the way to the “C437” connector above the “dead pedal” and behind the “dash relay box”. I still have to expose this connector, but I expect it to have vacancies for a direct pin without tapping.

My Information Center works “as advertised” by the OP.
withidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #34
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome!

In retrospect I should have made it more clear that this info center install in my case required extra steps accounting for the differences in the 2.5 car (which had different connectors and never offered the info center as an option) and the 2.7 cars.

Good call on the loom too! I highly recommend doing this once you have confirmed everything to be in working order....looks nicer but is much much safer!

Also found out later that you can simply ground out the fuel door wire for good and you're good to go on that.
RIP fut

Last edited by sam o nela; 04-29-2016 at 07:25 PM.
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:46 PM   #35
withidl
withidl

withidl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Awesome!

In retrospect I should have made it more clear that this info center install in my case required extra steps accounting for the differences in the 2.5 car (which had different connectors and never offered the info center as an option) and the 2.7 cars.

Good call on the loom too! I highly recommend doing this once you have confirmed everything to be in working order....looks nicer but is much much safer!

Also found out later that you can simply ground out the fuel door wire for good and you're good to go on that.
Regarding the fuel door, I pulled the handle/switch from the salvaged V6LS, R&R'd the handle's riveted pivot to change handle colors and extended the brown wire from the info center to the switch and it's black wire to ground along the rocker.

As to the loom from the reservoirs to the C437 connector; that connector is a real bitch to access so I may ponder it for awhile.

Speaking of connectors, over the last 8 years I have collected connectors which come in handy when running wires as they negate soldering and allow for component removal (I also have a 1988 coupe V6L with OEM info center and climate control acquired 8 years ago).
withidl is offline   Reply With Quote