AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > General DIY Discussions > DIY > First Generation Legend (1986 - 1990)

Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #21
kraigdankk

kraigdankk is on a distinguished road

Finally finished mine, might check out the gas lever to see if it has the switch if not fuck it, but one thing it never asked for my mileage on the car, just turned on and that was it, and i think it doesn't show the gas gauge, not sure if i messed it up or what but other then that everything else works, well for now ill see more tomorrow, was one hella of a job haha but well worth it, just i have not plugged the windshield/ coolant in (well i did but the the plugs already on my car) but i was wondering were do them wires lead to? cause it says coolant ok win fluid ok but they are not hooked up to the trip computer same thing with engine oil it says ok but over all it makes my L to a LS haha
kraigdankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #22
kraigdankk

Everything works but the distance tell empty? I have a jumper from the yel/wht wire behind the cluster to the yel/wht wire on the harness, there is 2 that go to one so first I used one didnt work now using both still not working? Any ideas
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

You'll need the switch that open the gas cover. That will reset the system for you.

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
kraigdankk

There is no way to have it grounded,and hold reset on the info center. If not ill go get the gas lever switch. Another thing is that it never asked for how many miles was on my car.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #25
l4zy415
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!

l4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura aboutl4zy415 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415

It won't match the miles that you have in the car. What ever it has in the brain previously from another car stays on there. But if you don't want to get the gas lid releaser, find the Brown wire that goes to the brain, then tap it into a switch. On the other side of the switch, make it go to a good ground. Here's an image of where the wires go to (its sideways, so I can't do anything about it, unless you save it):

My Build Thread
Oh my gawd
That jar better blow me twice and cook breakfast for $1000.
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #26
kraigdankk

Alright, well ill find a switch but if needed I can just run to the junk yard and pull that LS's lever, so even if its constantly grounded or not grounded at all it will say N/I tell I put a switch threw the system.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I was able to just leave the brown wire permanently grounded and it worked for me...
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
kraigdankk

Yeah see, I grounded it out like I did with the engine oil level and the oil worked but the other I guess didn't, at first I thought the jumper didnt go threw the main yel/wht or the jumper wire, so I re did it, still nothing so I went to the other side were it went to the harness to the computer, there was two yel/wht to one so first I just used one didnt work, so I cut the connector and put both of the wires to the jumper cable, still didnt work so im gonna try this switch if not then f it, but would be nice. Im gonna wait tell low gas to see if it goes of if not maybe have the jumper on the wrong wire but im sure it right.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #29
kraigdankk

So I added the fuel switch and still N/A im thinking my splitter isn't making a connection from the back of the fuel gauge on the cluster to my wire that goes to the computer. Ill have to spend some time checking everything
Old 05-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
Wayne-A-Ferd
The Slow Cruiser

Wayne-A-Ferd is on a distinguished road

Thats bad ass.. mine only says display on the right side and the clock funtions on the left.. i NEED to get a battery cant keep stealing it from the g2 lol but i want to see what the button does