AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 07-05-2017, 02:02 AM   #1
omegatype2tl

omegatype2tl is on a distinguished road
Default WTF PHOTOBUCKET!!!!

I rarely post here, due to feeling that I'm a Blacksheep because I own a '98 3.2TL. I am in the middle of building my project car and took a couple of weeks off due to waiting for parts to come in. Now, my parts are in and I really love the DIYs and really depend on and rely on your write ups and opinions on this site. Well, I went to check on some of these treads and what do you know... F'ing Photobucket cut out the pics. I can read and follow instructions, but pictures goes a very long ways. plus, I'm a visual learner... Sooooooooo, Acuralegend.org
"F#@% turbo... I own a crotchrocket"
로렌스 멕나이트

Last edited by omegatype2tl; 07-12-2017 at 11:52 PM.
omegatype2tl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

My photobucket still has photos that go all the way back to 2004. It must be that people are deleting old photos to make room for new ones. The legend is so old, we're testing the permanence of the internet.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I would agree that it's mainly people changing things within their own photobucket accounts. Although occasionally there's little updates that require simple changes on this end. Mine still work afaik but i haven't made any changes to them.

Btw, i personally like that first gen TL and love to see builds and mods. Post up anytime you want! The Water Cooler Section probably gets the most traffic, but if you have a build thread, updates to it will show up in the recent posts section.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Ya, on .org you are your own picture host and people let photobucket just go away over time or delete pics they don't think are important. I don't know of a sure-fire solution and have gotten into the habit of printing to pdf any DIY I want for the future. If there is a DIY you need pics for post up to that thread and maybe somebody can share or fix the thread.

I use Amazon S3 because it has great transfer speeds, high availability and fairly low cost. S3 costs me about $0.15 per month. They even have a phone app so in theory you can upload your pics and then paste in the link like Photobucket. (I don't access .org on my phone so I don't know for sure.)

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #5
omegatype2tl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
I would agree that it's mainly people changing things within their own photobucket accounts. Although occasionally there's little updates that require simple changes on this end. Mine still work afaik but i haven't made any changes to them.

Btw, i personally like that first gen TL and love to see builds and mods. Post up anytime you want! The Water Cooler Section probably gets the most traffic, but if you have a build thread, updates to it will show up in the recent posts section.

Awesome!!!! yeah, i'll take pic of my 1st gen TL build with mods.
로렌스 멕나이트
Old 07-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #6
omegatype2tl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
Ya, on .org you are your own picture host and people let photobucket just go away over time or delete pics they don't think are important. I don't know of a sure-fire solution and have gotten into the habit of printing to pdf any DIY I want for the future. If there is a DIY you need pics for post up to that thread and maybe somebody can share or fix the thread.

I use Amazon S3 because it has great transfer speeds, high availability and fairly low cost. S3 costs me about $0.15 per month. They even have a phone app so in theory you can upload your pics and then paste in the link like Photobucket. (I don't access .org on my phone so I don't know for sure.)

rich
Cool, i'll check out the Amazon s3. At $0.15/month or $1.80/year... should be no sweat to have.
로렌스 멕나이트
Old 07-12-2017, 06:38 AM   #7
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough

Well, Photobucket no longer allows third party hosting for free. Freaking scam if you ask me, they must have been bought out. All the years of hard work putting threads together, down the drain unless a person pays 39.99/month or 399 a year!!!!! No way I can pay that every month for something like picture hosting, smh.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyabish1 View Post
Well, Photobucket no longer allows third party hosting for free. Freaking scam if you ask me, they must have been bought out. All the years of hard work putting threads together, down the drain unless a person pays 39.99/month or 399 a year!!!!! No way I can pay that every month for something like picture hosting, smh.
I just checked it and that does look to be correct. I surely am not going to pay $39 a month.....

Last edited by ActionJackson; 07-12-2017 at 01:03 PM.
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #9
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

My photos are still hosted. Is there a grace period that's ending or something?

Example: http://forums.acuralegend.org/jdm-na...67.html?t=8167
Old 07-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #10
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Wow....same. Looks like I've got quite the summer project ahead of me hgeez:

RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote