AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > AcuraLegend.Org > New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
jgerlach64

jgerlach64 is on a distinguished road
Default I'm Back after 13 Years

Hello Fellow Legend Lovers. My name is Jeff and I live near Denton, Texas and just purchased a 1994 LS coupe for my son. In reality, I have an evil plan to take it over and purchase him something different. I owned a 94 Sedan from 1997 until 2002 and only sold it because my boss hounded the heck out of me to buy it. I loved and trusted it so much that I sold it to him with about 120,000 miles on it and never had a second thought. He let his kids drive it and they proceeded to destroy it, but they got another 5 years out of it and he loved it.

The coupe I just bought has a pretty straight body other than some hail damage. Not bad, but it is there. There are a few other bumps and bruises here and there, but it still catches your eye in a crowd. The car has 174,000 miles and the last owner put a lot of money in the front suspension. So, it drives very good. The big issue I have now is that the ABS light is on and it was diagnosed with a bad ABS pump. I purchased a used pump and module on Ebay and will have a local garage install it. The other issue is that the engine smokes. You notice most after it has warmed up and is idling. I can't quite place the smell, but it is kind of sweet which leads me to believe that it may be antifreeze from a bad a head gasket. I will have it diagnosed and sorted out soon.

I am looking forward to learning from all of you and I will be particularly interested in getting tips on shops and service providers for my legend as I deal with some of the issues. Thanks for reading and feel free to send me a message with your recommendations for shops in DFW that I might be able to use for my service needs.
jgerlach64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #2
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

Hi Jeff, welcome back to the family. Would love to see some photos of your "new" coupe. Congratulations. It's a shame you're just a little bit late to the game - we had a huge NALM (National Acura Legend Meet) in Texas just a week ago, down in Houston - roughly 25 cars in attendance.

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum!

I think there's a pretty good Dallas crowd so you should be in good hands there.

rich

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #4
legend921

legend921 is on a distinguished road

Welcome back to the community! I have been away for a while and just got back too! Hopefully you can put up some pictures soon. Would like to see your coupe.
legend921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Welcome back to the fam Jeff!
Old 10-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #6
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

Welcome back! Looking forward to some pictures. In the ABS pump, I recently replaced one and I would suggest prior to installing the used one, it may be wise to disassemble the pump assembly and clean it out. Seems the main cause of the pump overrun is old brake fluid gumming up the pump
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #7
jgerlach64

Default Good Tip

Thanks for the Tip. I saw a video that showed a guy breaking one down and cleaning it up. I was planning to attempt that if I get brave or asked the garage to do that. I'm working on loading some pictures. I need to compress them because I'm getting error messages right now.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #8
jgerlach64

Default Pics are added

It took a while to get the sizing right, but I added some photos to my profile
Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #9
89HondaLegend
Old School

Welcome back to the Legend game Jeff!

I must have been checking in just as you were checking out - 2002.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum

RIP Fut
89HondaLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #10
The-Teej

The-Teej is on a distinguished road

Welcome. You Dallas guys are gaining some ground. Grrrrrrr

PICS, please!!!