AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 05-30-2018, 04:27 PM   #61
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Legend to Grave is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Not sure up there, but around here there are many mobile windshield people other than safelight.

There are other alternatives up here as well but without a referral that indicates good service experiences from other "vintage" type car owners (Legend or otherwise) I'm not going to be a pioneer...

Spoke with Safelite this afternoon, they advised there's only the amber tint with the blue color deep tint across the top or untinted at top. Last time I was able to get the all amber tint with my original Canterbury sedan. The coupe's damaged windshield was a replacement that Ken K had installed with the deep blue tint across the top.

If the trims get damaged on removal I'll have pay extra to have alternative trim (possibly rubber). I'll be there with installer (extra clips in hand). I told them it's key to have the right technician for a "vintage" car and I got the "no problem" response.

'93 Legend Sedan - Original Owner
"Me" and "Mini Me"
Legend to Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #62
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Update on windshield replacement:

I was supposed to have the first appointment today (Saturday) in the 8 to 12 noon slot. I get a call about 8:30 from tech to advise me his manager says that the windshield came in damaged and I'll get a call from a manager with update... (yeah right, never happened)...

Now that I have a chance to call my "shop" since there're open I did so and got a recommended auto glass place; cancelled Safelite and replaced with "4 Star Auto Glass" and saving $$ as well.

Since I wanted to be present when they come to me (I couldn't understand how I could leave a key so I don't have to be there on a week day) I scheduled next Saturday.

Keep you all posted

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 08-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #63
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Coupe's window replaced - a while already, posted in the photo gallery. But why another post here? Baby gurl moved back home from Brooklyn to save money while she's working (that's good) as well as pay off her student loan in amounts above the monthly minimum (even better).

But I had to turn the garage bay that housed the "pristine" sedan into a studio so she could work on a commissioned oil painting she's doing that could lead to having more work done (on the side of course, keeping her day job as a graphic artist and production assistant at a syndicated TV fluff news show). Oils are a bit too aromatic to be worked on in the house.

Looks like I'll spend too much time jockeying Legends and I'll have to break down and get a good 4 season breathable car cover for the sedan. What's worse is that I may have put the sedan in the far position at the head of the driveway since I daily drive the coupe and that's the position (closer to the garage) that had a tree branch fall and bust up the windshield......

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 08-06-2018, 03:17 PM   #64
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend to Grave View Post
I'll have to break down and get a good 4 season breathable car cover for the sedan. What's worse is that I may have put the sedan in the far position at the head of the driveway since I daily drive the coupe and that's the position (closer to the garage) that had a tree branch fall and bust up the windshield......

Yep, better preserve that new paint on the sedan..........
Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #65
Tyson
Road Trip King

Tyson will become famous soon enoughTyson will become famous soon enough

Cars look great - that CR-V too. I know the joys of jockeying cars all too well! Sorry the sedan got kicked out of its garage space, but that's awesome your daughter has some art work to complete! She must be very talented.

Thanks Alex for the sig!
http://drivetofive.wordpress.com
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #66
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Yep, better preserve that new paint on the sedan..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Cars look great - that CR-V too. I know the joys of jockeying cars all too well! Sorry the sedan got kicked out of its garage space, but that's awesome your daughter has some art work to complete! She must be very talented.
Thanks! I knew I'd get your responses.....

So - Covercraft or California Car Cover branded coverings???
Need a lightweight 4 season covering and will discuss with them which one to get.

I just don't know if any of those Acura Legend branded survivor covers are appropriate for my purposes. Alan - that's why I didn't buy that one from you when I was at Legend Land to pick up the sedan in September 2016.

I know both of you don't worry about winter and extreme wet conditions with a cover (Alan - you have a covered outdoor parking spot in addition to the garage, Tyson - you're in the desert and that packed indoor multi-car garage)...

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 08-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #67
CT-Legend

CT-Legend is on a distinguished road

Hmmmm.... Looks like there is room for another 2-car garage on that lot. That would solve the immediate problem and lots more.
CT-Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #68
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Default Can't catch a break.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Legend View Post
Hmmmm.... Looks like there is room for another 2-car garage on that lot. That would solve the immediate problem and lots more. 👍

Hi Ken,
Thinking about you a little bit, was in western Canada mountain climbing again with our son last week - he had "an awesome week" with me.

When we sell the house because we decided to retire (soon I hope) it can be a "knockdown" and a builder can put up one of those 3 car garage homes where the garage is facing the side.

Sure if money was no object, knock down existing garage, put up a 3 bay garage in its place. Hell yeah, there's room for a 4 car garage in the space!

So far it seems a Covercraft weathershield HP for $362 for 4 season protection rather than $20,000+ for new garage and hassles with town for permit.

"Me" and "Mini Me"

Last edited by Legend to Grave; 08-08-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:41 PM   #69
Legend to Grave
Love that ride!

Thinking about a state that will be free of front bumper license plates

"Me" and "Mini Me"
Old 12-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #70
Captain Slow
Ken

Captain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCaptain Slow has a spectacular aura about

Ha! Looks like it's time to get serious about your front license plate bracket. When my legend got painted, the shop bonded the bracket to the front bumper. Practically speaking, the bracket and bumper are one piece now. The thing hasn't budged in ten years.