AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #41
dooley
Virginian

dooley is on a distinguished road

I agree with Q it is ridiculous that people post so much useless comments. If it isn't to say dibs or to ask questions or comment on the quality of the product from first hand. Why post.
Also coping someone quote that's 5 paragraphs long is also cluttering.
Could you just say I agree with so and so's post # 69

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #42
typeIIdude

typeIIdude is on a distinguished road

Well I am glad my situation has prompted such spirited debate. As with so many things individual interpretation plays a major role. Let's just say I agree to disagree with some of the comments. I want to thank the half dozen people who have sent me texts of support all of which mentioned they text because they figured their posts would be deleted. I hope we can all agree that maybe some revisions to the FS rules may be warranted
Old 10-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #43
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
No, we do NOT allow those posts. You and many other people reported that post, however it was a Part Out thread. The OP just happened to list a few parts available as well. Part Out threads do not require individual prices.
Funny, I must have missed that in the rules....

9. Pricing
All items for sale (with the exception of newly posted Teaser Threads) must include an asking price. Saying "PM me for price or with offers" or "best price above $XXX takes it!" is unacceptable. This is not eBay and it is not Let's Make a Deal. All threads found with items for sale without a price will be immediately deleted.

I see no such exclusion, seems to me like there was an " assummed interpretation" there....
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 10-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #44
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
Funny, I must have missed that in the rules....

9. Pricing
All items for sale (with the exception of newly posted Teaser Threads) must include an asking price. Saying "PM me for price or with offers" or "best price above $XXX takes it!" is unacceptable. This is not eBay and it is not Let's Make a Deal. All threads found with items for sale without a price will be immediately deleted.

I see no such exclusion, seems to me like there was an " assummed interpretation" there....
If youre selling any item part out or not, prices need to be posted, period. Part out or not, these parts are off the vehicle and are not being "parted out" also said parts were GIVEN to the OP for free, he did not part them out himself. VERY bad look.
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #45
LegendGS
Administrator

LegendGS has disabled reputation

As Q has mentioned, we do not allow FS threads without pricing. The the thread that you reported is a part-out thread for which we do not require pricing of individual parts. It's why we have a separate section for it. We don't expect you to have to list and price every single part of a car that you are completely parting out. That would be ridiculous.

Making a compliment on a car isn't vouching for it, it's expressing an opinion on a picture of a car. Pictures do not always show scratches, swirls, dents, dirt or blown engines. GLWS posts are simply small talk and unnecessary. You can wish the person good luck via PM if you really need to. The FS threads are just for that, to sell the car or part, not for small talk; we have other sections for that. Trying to extend fair visibility of listings in the FS sections is hampered by posts like these that artificially bump threads to the top with conversation that should be conducted elsewhere, and become popularity contests of who has more friends to keep the thread at the top. Every thread should be allowed fair exposure and therefore unnecessary posts within FS threads are disallowed. The other reasons have been explained earlier.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #46
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I would like to point out that it is unfortunate that some people are under the impression that they cannot say something out of fear of it being deleted. I invite you to look at previous threads where discussion/debates like this has occurred and see how many posts disagreeing with the Mods (or my specific) viewpoints are left intact for all to see.

This is not .com and I do not delete people's posts because I disagree with them or because they are saying something negative about me. Rather, I will give a thought-out response and will often even quote them so they know why I am saying what I am saying. I delete posts only if:

1) the poster requests it,
2) if it is spam,
3) it violates the rules
4) if the post is just completely inappropriate or hateful toward another member...

I am speaking for myself here, but I feel like I can confidently say the other Mods subscribe to the same belief. Just sayin' don't believe everything that you read. You'll get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve.
RIP fut
Old 10-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #47
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendGS View Post
As Q has mentioned, we do not allow FS threads without pricing. The the thread that you reported is a part-out thread for which we do not require pricing of individual parts. It's why we have a separate section for it. We don't expect you to have to list and price every single part of a car that you are completely parting out. That would be ridiculous.

Making a compliment on a car isn't vouching for it, it's expressing an opinion on a picture of a car. Pictures do not always show scratches, swirls, dents, dirt or blown engines. GLWS posts are simply small talk and unnecessary. You can wish the person good luck via PM if you really need to. The FS threads are just for that, to sell the car or part, not for small talk; we have other sections for that. Trying to extend fair visibility of listings in the FS sections is hampered by posts like these that artificially bump threads to the top with conversation that should be conducted elsewhere, and become popularity contests of who has more friends to keep the thread at the top. Every thread should be allowed fair exposure and therefore unnecessary posts within FS threads are disallowed. The other reasons have been explained earlier.
Again, it clearly does not say that in YOUR rules, yet, it is a rule. It also says nothing about off topic compliments of a FS thread or wishing the seller OP good luck with their sale, yet that is now also a "rule". So answer us members this, if there is transparency in these rules, why are they not CLEARLY stated in the rules, yet enforced or not enforced due to a moderator assumption? In my above quote the only exclusion is new teaser threads, not part out threads. Clearly we are just making up rules as we go along here. Carry on.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #48
LegendGS
Administrator

Please re-read the rules and pay special attention to rules numbered 2 and 8.

edit: I will clarify the language in the rules regarding part out threads not being required to list every part on the car.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #49
typeIIdude

typeIIdude is on a distinguished road

Just curious, what is the procedure to attain a rule modification. Do the members vote?
Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #50
LegendGS
Administrator

There isn't a voting process for the implementation of rules. Suggestions may be made by providing feedback. The moderators then discuss its feasibility and impact before making a decision one way or the other.

Closed Thread