AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
Keeping threads clean ensures that every post in a thread is of some concern to every potential buyer viewing the thread.
It's hard to see how " Wow, what a beautiful Legend" is a detriment to the thread. That would be of some consoling concern to a potential buyer that he/she is not viewing an ugly, POS Legend.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 09-30-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #22
One6DSwifflY
Brooklyn Memba

One6DSwifflY is on a distinguished road

Also, he's not just selling a car

"This 1 is for BROOKLYN! Land of da Crooks, home of my dame..." do ya research!!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #23
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

The point is, we don't need you to clean all the threads down to nothing, unless its a problem, ie ppl ASKING to clean it. or if you see the thread is becoming a problem.

again, the issue we had before was, even after calling for mod action, there wasn't anyone doing it.

EDIT: life has many gray area's. including this forum, even if you don't think so.

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #24
typeIIdude

typeIIdude is on a distinguished road

Q the point was that you selectively moderate. Do I need to show you the garbage posts on some current FS threads...really do you not get it. If your going to do the job,paid or not, do it. "All limitations are self imposed"I feel violated my friend. I think you can not appreciate what is being said until you feel violated. Honestly if I was face to face with you I would say to you WTF and who the F do you think you are. I found the posts you deleted quite comforting. This is not an easy decision for me I am trying to keep my family together with this relocation
Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #25
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeIIdude View Post
Do I need to show you the garbage posts on some current FS threads...really do you not get it.
Please do.

We'll clean em up.

Again, we don't and can't read every single thread on this forum.

We fix things that we happen upon or rely on people reporting posts that need our attention.

No reported post and no Mod stumbling into the thread = no action taken.

But in some people's minds, no action taken seems to = "selective moderation"

That's like blaming the cops for not solving crimes that were never reported. :dunno:
RIP fut
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #26
typeIIdude

typeIIdude is on a distinguished road

Sam, really that's what you came up with. Your either extremely gullible or not working with a full tool chest. Enough, leave it alone or you are going to really piss off people who will not sit idle. BTW you came to bat with some real weak as rebuttal.i guess I am just the lucky guy who got censored....

Last edited by typeIIdude; 09-30-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #27
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
It's hard to see how " Wow, what a beautiful Legend" is a detriment to the thread. That would be of some consoling concern to a potential buyer that he/she is not viewing an ugly, POS Legend.
Like I expressly pointed out in the paragraph before the sentence you quoted, comments and compliments such as that are not on their own detrimental to the thread. The issue is when those posts outnumber everything sale related 50:1, it's too much. But one or two posts never hurt anybody, right? Until they multiply, and the goal is to stop that before it happens. As far as consoling a potential buyer, they can look at the car themselves and know it's a nice car.

Quote:
Q the point was that you selectively moderate.
I do not selectively moderate. When I see posts that don't belong in a thread, or threads in the wrong sections, I carry out the rules that were (mostly) in place long before me.

Quote:
I found the posts you deleted quite comforting. This is not an easy decision for me I am trying to keep my family together with this relocation
That's totally understandable and I'd probably have similar feelings myself in your situation. It still doesn't belong in the Marketplace.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Sam, really that's what you came up with. Your either extremely gullible or not working with a full tool chest. Enough, leave it alone or you are going to really piss off people who will not sit idle. BTW you came to bat with some real weak as rebuttal.i guess I am just the lucky guy who got censored....Putz
That was not a rebuttal.

That was a response to your claim of (quoting), "Do I need to show you the garbage posts on some current FS threads".

If there are posts blatantly violating the rules, its because we havent seen them. Please show us these garbage posts so we can take care of them.

Or maybe it's calling your bluff and there aren't really as many violating posts as you imply? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

I've pissed plenty of people off before, so threats aren't a huge deal to me...

However, before continuing down this rebellious path you seem to be hinting at, you may want to take a step back and ensure that you are in the right here. If you feel you were treated out of bounds of the rules, we definitely don't want that and invite you to PM the mod staff and Administrator to voice your concern.

I can tell you right off the bat here though that Q pruned the thread of singular comments regarding the condition of the car (yes, we can see deleted posts), but not much other substance that would help a buyer get facts about the sale. That's why that rule exists.
RIP fut

Last edited by sam o nela; 09-30-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #29
holyabish1

holyabish1 will become famous soon enoughholyabish1 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
a few posts disappeared from this thread?

(pic is cached from friday)

rich
My only concern in this thread is that you hadn't visited my thread yet .

On the subject, I see a lot of bitching and whining, but nobody coming up with a written solution.

My opinion, to be put in the "books"...... Do not delete posts unless offensive or at the request of the OP, or there is a "hint" from the OP it isn't welcome.

I don't understand why y'all gotta give Jason shit all the time. Especially here recently. You want the rules to change? Well, since you all want to act like we have the right to speech "bs!", things go through the proper channels to be changed in this fair country. No, not everyone will be happy, but I do truly believe our moderators listen and care.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Last edited by holyabish1; 09-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #30
LegendGS
Administrator

LegendGS has disabled reputation

A few points that I think need to be cleared up.

This forum was not actually founded on the lackadaisical enforcement of the rules. Instead, it was founded because when .com was sold, it become nothing more than a revenue source for its new corporate owners who pushed to charge fees. This was destined to be the death of any independent innovation that the Legend community has thrived upon given the already high cost of development. They had their agenda regardless of whether it was the Legend forum, Civic forum or Yugo forum, and the well-being of the community was the least of their concerns. This forum was founded so that the culture of the Legend and its community could be saved. The enforcement of rules become less frequent because they weren't flouted as often. Some of you may remember the early 2000's when moderators were kept very busy with trying to keep things in check.

The method of moderating hasn't varied much from before as the rules of the old forum as well as the moderators were carried over to .org when the move was made. The method of recruiting moderators hasn't changed either because a key requirement has always been that the moderators be unbiased; with an even hand in the enforcement of the rules. No favorites are played, friend or otherwise.

We do allow for certain "gray area" enforcement, but in sections like the marketplace which has a very specific purpose and the rules have a very specific end, the rules will be more rigidly enforced. As mentioned before they are enforced as they are caught by the moderators or reported by you. The moderators cannot be everywhere and see everything, so if you feel that a thread requires our attention, please make use of the Report Post button.

The rules of the marketplace are getting a little more attention now because of the recent revisiting of its operation and organization. The rules were updated and everyone was asked to familiarize themselves with these rules. Among the rules is that idle conversation is not allowed within marketplace threads. This serves two purposes. First, it keeps threads clear and concise for potential buyers; so that relevant posts aren't buried amidst simple conversation. Second, it prevents any individual post from being artificially bumped to the top of the page which creates a potential issue of page hogging. Imagine if ten people kept having their threads bumped to the top by idle conversation; all new posts would very quickly get buried. Our intention is to keep the marketplace clean and organized as a place to buy and sell your items. Conversations can be conducted in OT, PM, FB or offline. Postings like GLWS, nice car, cool part, etc., are unnecessary and only contribute to clutter. Relevant posts would include posts like, "I've seen/inspected this car and can vouch for its condition", etc..

To those of you who have brought up the constitution once again, please remember that it does not apply here. Even if it did, the freedom of speech is still subject to the general rules of proper time and place. But again, it doesn't apply here. It didn't during the seven years that I was super moderator and administrator over at .com, and it doesn't here. I've said it before. It never has; it's nothing new. We provide sections for relevant topics of discussion as well as an off-topic section for discussions that don't fall within the purpose of other designated sections. We also provide a section for you to provide feedback on the functioning of the forum. We take your submissions into consideration for feasibility, but do not guarantee implementation.

The moderators don't moderate threads or hand out infractions as much as we have in the past because, for the most part, we have little cause to. However, it took several years of stringent enforcement in the early days of .com to clear up the "wild west" mentality that was prevalent then. The current culture of this forum is that of a greater amount of self moderation which makes enforcement less necessary. It certainly isn't because we've chosen to no longer enforce the rules as they will be enforced when they need to be.

Closed Thread