AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 07-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #31
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

First I'd like to point out that just about all of this was brought on primarily by myself. I am the thread Nazi referred to by sr5guy... When I became a mod here I saw so many rules that had been in place from the start and never enforced. Each and every rule was put there for a reason. I enforce them. They are primarily intended to prevent abuse, but that doesn't mean I will make an exception for certain people just because it doesn't *look* like abuse. If I were to do that, there would be even more crying about mods playing favorites, which couldn't be farther from the truth in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrst View Post
why in the feedback section if it is a general posting to the community? Feedback generally pertains to the MOD's and I am not interested in the gripes of the community.
This is exactly what this Feedback section of the forum is made for, and it's hardly ever used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyabish1 View Post
The argument that editing over a long period of time becomes unavailable without the help of a moderator, can also be a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboyx View Post
Indefinite OP editing would be nice...
Indefinite editing is already available for every section of the Marketplace. This was one of the very first changes I suggested and had implemented when I was made a mod. You're welcome. I posted an Announcement regarding that and a few other tweaks and clarifications to the rules at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyabish1 View Post
People can also do their part (me included) of deleting threads that have been sold.
Deleting threads for items that have been sold is not a preferred method of thread management. For one thing, the thread needs to be available for iTrader feedback. And it's also good to have a history of items that have been sold for future buyers and sellers to refer back to so that they can make informed decisions on the value of items.

When you have a thread and sell the item(s), mark them as sold, notify a mod if you'd like (using the Report Post button), the thread will be closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
That being said this forum does not have nearly enough traffic to justify being a nazi about it. If someone is an active participating member here for 4 years and they want to sell something just let it slide - rather than stirring the pot. This forum has always been lackadaisical in that respect (how many threads go off topic, no really?), now that we're being rule nazis for no reason its a shock to some.
I'll refer you to the comment above about playing favorites. There's already enough complaints and accusations about that, if it were to actually happen there would be riots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
YOLO... Don't care
Then don't post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
There is just way too much gossip and in fighting within the community now a days, Ive pretty much walked away from it.
From where I'm sitting, 95% of the drama is on Facebook or behind the scenes between individual members. There's very little going on elsewhere. If you see something that bothers you, use the Report Post button rather than walking away whimpering.

Quote:
What if the OP has a thread 30 pages long? How do you keep up with what is still for sale and whats not? Who has time for all that?
I made suggestions to everyone on how to manage their For Sale threads when we implemented the changes a few months ago. I'll summarize it here again. Say you've got an existing FS thread. If you sell an item, mark it as SOLD in the original post (don't delete it). What if you want to sell another item in the same thread? Add a new post to the end of the thread listing the new items that you are selling, and ALSO add them to the first post. When you do this, people who are following your thread are notified that you've got new items, and also people that are reading your thread for the first time instantly see everything you have for sale right there in post #1. Inability to make use of a forum format to sell your items is not the problem of the moderating staff, that is up to the individual.

Now, as sam-o already mentioned, we are already discussing possible changes to the rules. Once we come up with a plan, everyone will be notified. If you don't like the plan, you can all feel free to complain. This is all made possible by this nice section of the forum labeled "Feedback and Requests". If you want to see a change, this is the place to discuss it in a manner that will be constructive and may produce results. If all you guys do is bicker at local meets, in texts, on Facebook, nothing will ever change because I (we) don't see it.

Last edited by Quaraxkad; 07-24-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #32
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Man I just quit posting and bitching about it. At a certain point I just said forget it, its not even worth the hassle and going back and forth about it. Whether the rules are loosely enforced or strictly enforced, there is always gonna be someone who doesnt like how things are handled. There is just way too much gossip and in fighting within the community now a days, Ive pretty much walked away from it. Its much less drama to simply discuss things through texts and FB with everyone. No one to say "oh youre breaking a rule" or hand down the ban stick, and less people to scrutinize your postings. That's pretty much where Im at with it. It's not all that important to me whether there are more or less or even new rules, this forum took a turn a LONG time ago, aint no changing it back, that ship sailed a long time ago.
I have a few issues with this post. You know it's all love but I'm tired of listening to your broken record.

#1. All you do is bitch and you LOOK for drama to post up on. When is the last time you helped a noob, offered repair advice, or posted up some DIY's?

#2. You threaten to leave every few months, it's no secret you want attention. Cut the shit, for real.

#3. You bitched for the rules to be enforced when Lou got banned. Now that they're being enforced it's not ok anymore.

#4. What drama and "in-fighting" is there? I certainly don't hear about it. No one other than you complains about it. No one posts about it on facebook. The cars got old and people moved on. All of the "in fighters" are still here they're just tired of posting the same shit over and over again for the last 10 years.

-Matt
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #33
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
Deleting threads for items that have been sold is not a preferred method of thread management. For one thing, the thread needs to be available for iTrader feedback. And it's also good to have a history of items that have been sold for future buyers and sellers to refer back to so that they can make informed decisions on the value of items.
RIGHT, but by making me have one thread, now i'm forced to deal with an ever growing single thread that not i should ever take anything out of by just keep adding now you end up with a thread that never gets looked all with page after page of post after post of sold and sold items useless talk that no one ever will find anything in.

Quote:
First I'd like to point out that just about all of this was brought on primarily by myself. I am the thread Nazi referred to by sr5guy... When I became a mod here I saw so many rules that had been in place from the start and never enforced. Each and every rule was put there for a reason. I enforce them. They are primarily intended to prevent abuse, but that doesn't mean I will make an exception for certain people just because it doesn't *look* like abuse. If I were to do that, there would be even more crying about mods playing favorites, which couldn't be farther from the truth in my case.
sounds like you're the number one problem right now, too much unneeded moderation that goes against what this found was founded on. way to bring us back to the stone again.

Quote:
From where I'm sitting, 95% of the drama is on Facebook or behind the scenes between individual members. There's very little going on elsewhere. If you see something that bothers you, use the Repost Post button rather than walking away whimpering.

Now, as sam-o already mentioned, we are already discussing possible changes to the rules. Once we come up with a plan, everyone will be notified. If you don't like the plan, you can all feel free to complain. This is all made possible by this nice section of the forum labeled "Feedback and Requests". If you want to see a change, this is the place to discuss it in a manner that will be constructive and may produce results. If all you guys do is bicker at local meets, in texts, on Facebook, nothing will ever change because I (we) don't see it.
You have behind the scenes talk, we have behind the scenes talk

Instead of pretending like anything that happens of this forum doesn't effect this forum, you should embrace it, unlike you alot of us get together OUTSIDE this forum and bring what we do HERE out there and so forth, you on the other hand don't partake outside these walls apperently, or so do we need to be on you irc channel that you control with an iron fist?

Maybe its time to add moderators who don't just act for the rules but for the forward progress of our community.

Your plan should be upheld by the ppl before you put in place, that way we have a say in what happens to our forum. otherwise, its just moderation with out representation. You DON'T know what's best for the forum, but we as a group can decide on it

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more

Last edited by Alperovich; 07-23-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
RIGHT, but by making me have one thread, now i'm forced to deal with an ever growing single thread that not i should ever take anything out of by just keep adding now you end up with a thread that never gets looked all with page after page of post after post of sold and sold items useless talk that no one ever will find anything in.

sounds like you're the number one problem right now, too much unneeded moderation that goes against what this found was founded on. way to bring us back to the stone again.

You have behind the scenes talk, we have behind the scenes talk

Instead of pretending like anything that happens of this forum doesn't effect this forum, you should embrace it, unlike you alot of us get together OUTSIDE this forum and bring what we do HERE out there and so forth, you on the other hand don't partake outside these walls apperently, or so do we need to be on you irc channel that you control with an iron fist?

Maybe its time to add moderators who don't just act for the rules but for the forward progress of our community.

Relax Alex. Quaraxkad is OCD. He maybe a little extreme, but his intentions are pure. Trust me. I think he gets the message.

-Matt
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #35
Alperovich
The Stig

Alperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the roughAlperovich is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Relax Alex. Quaraxkad is OCD. He maybe a little extreme, but his intentions are pure. Trust me. I think he gets the message.

-Matt
yea i may have drank too many cokes, i'm all worked up. blood sugar is thru the roof

94 KA8 DMM LS 6spd "MISTY" 2017-present
94 KA8 Milano LS 6spd "Milano" 2012-2017 RIP stupid camry
94 KA8 SGM LS 6spd "Annie" 2008-???*top secret*
94 KA7 DMM GS auto "Misty" 2008 RIP
93 KA8 GBP LS 6spd 2005-2008 RIP

FOR SALE:dotORG + I<3myLegend(KA/KB) stickers! +more
Alperovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #36
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Q, The point made tho is that it shouldnt have just been a mod discussion, it should have been an open discussion among the members. That and I saw the point of it, that was fine, however, additional changes should have been implemented, such as infinite editing for the OP to maintain his/her threads and change thread titles. that would have kept the single threads from getting cluttered with old obsolete posts, multimple posts etc.

Quote:
I have a few issues with this post. You know it's all love but I'm tired of listening to your broken record.

#1. All you do is bitch and you LOOK for drama to post up on. When is the last time you helped a noob, offered repair advice, or posted up some DIY's?

Today via text.

#2. You threaten to leave every few months, it's no secret you want attention. Cut the shit, for real.

I could give a shit about attention, you got that part messed up. My voice tends to be louder than most others. Again, many times you and others take what I say out of context. Instead of assumming, come to me and ask or just leave it alone.

#3. You bitched for the rules to be enforced when Lou got banned. Now that they're being enforced it's not ok anymore.

Go back and re read, I took issue with it being several weeks after the fact, I also took issue with past comments being made by others that were just as bad, yet no ban. It had nothing to do with Lou or anyone else, I felt like that shit was simply, wrong. Either let it slide with discretion or enforce it for all the same. Didnt think it would become a crusade to ban certain key words, which is utter bullshit I might add

#4. What drama and "in-fighting" is there? I certainly don't hear about it. No one other than you complains about it. No one posts about it on facebook. The cars got old and people moved on. All of the "in fighters" are still here they're just tired of posting the same shit over and over again for the last 10 years.

My PM box on here and FB as well as my text messages are an open book if youd like to see. Did I say it involved me personally? No. I dont even fuel that shit anymore. And how do you sound right now? Honestly. It's cool that you took the time to address all these and gave them cute numbers, but really, I could disect a number of things each person on here has done that has been against some rule or been something I may have taken out of context or assumed, however, Im not gonna feed that troll monster anymore. Carry on.

-Matt
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #37
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

I'd also like to point out that you should all be aware that Vbulletin has limitations. There are a lot of great ideas that are brought up, but keep in mind that some vbulletin hacks either wont work or will cause a conflict with existing addons on the forum. Editing thread titles is a perfect example of that.

I think there's been great ideas thrown out on improving the forum experience for the users and the mods, but we are sometimes limited in what we can actually implement.
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #38
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

Quote:
Your problem is the rule. Not me. I just enforce the rules, and those rules may be changing as a direct result of this very discussion.

Quote:
If you would like to speak with me directly, you are all welcome to pop into the IRC channel. It's open to everybody, it's not a secret clan, and there are no iron fists.

Quote:
Your plan should be upheld by the ppl before you put in place, that way we have a say in what happens to our forum. otherwise, its just moderation with out representation. You DON'T know what's best for the forum, but we as a group can decide on it
You're absolutely right. No single person (or small group of people) knows exactly what is right. That's why this section exists, and as I said earlier it's hardly ever used until there's some kind of explosion when *everyone* seems to be instantly riled up by something that had never publicly mentioned before and only whispered about amongst yourselves behind locked doors. Bring these things out into the open, and they will be discussed, like they are now. Keeping complaints about the forum to yourselves and only talking to friends outside the forum is never going to help.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #39
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Q, The point made tho is that it shouldnt have just been a mod discussion, it should have been an open discussion among the members. That and I saw the point of it, that was fine, however, additional changes should have been implemented, such as infinite editing for the OP to maintain his/her threads and change thread titles. that would have kept the single threads from getting cluttered with old obsolete posts, multimple posts etc.

They've literally given us everything we've asked for. What is the deal here?!

-Matt
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #40
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Heeeeeeeere we go....in the time it took me to post my response to Q, 7 or so other posts went up that are starting to veer this thread like that Cruise Ship out in Italy (too obscure?).

(Theme park ride operator voice) Please keep the damn thread to the topic at hand and dont go off on tangents about who's to blame or who's voice has more weight, etc etc etc.

Truth be told, aside from other ideas about how the FS can be changed, Im not sure what else there is to add to the discussion??
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote