AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Gallery > Legend / RL Galleries > Second Gen Legend Gallery -- 1991 - 1995

Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
filmshoot
Kierkegaard binge

filmshoot is on a distinguished road

sorry to hear man.. but hopefully those nice rims are okay!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #12
notboostedturbos
myturbOdoesntBOOST

notboostedturbos is on a distinguished road

JESUS WHAT THE F*******

i feel for you dude, i got rear ended on tuesday AT A RED F** LIGHT LIKE SERIOUSLY.... thought about posting and didnt even want to,

ill get away with a new bumper alone- hope you yelled at that bitch.

Last edited by notboostedturbos; 06-03-2013 at 02:31 AM.
notboostedturbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
phuocisdabomb

phuocisdabomb is on a distinguished road

im still waiting for the insurance to come n see how much my car is worth and i will deff buy the car back from him. Should I leave my coilovers and wheels on or take it off and switch it to stock when the guy comes? Everytime I think about my car I just get angry. Here are couple pics when it was clean.

now here it is. FML

moms car

Door doesnt line up anymore

The rear passenger door is touching the quarter panel when closed now.

the tail light part is bent in pretty bad on right side, left side a little bit

when i saw her car I almost lost it. some of my paint was on it n bumper was saggy a bit but thats it.

phuocisdabomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #14
the_professional
proFRESHonal

the_professional will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to the_professional

I would have to disagree with the earlier consensus, that car requires a good bit of work, I would just start fresh, that rear quarter is compromised.

Beautiful sedan none the less! Good Luck!

Keep your two cents, I ain't trying to leave you broke.
the_professional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
MarcD
Low mileage nutso

MarcD is on a distinguished road

That trunk is pushed in quite a bit. What a shame. Can't believe that Chrysler had hardly a scratch
MarcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Glad to see you are physically okay. Sad to say that Legend will be totaled. hgeez: The rear quarter is done as is the trunk lid and likely the trunk floor. The bumper cover is gone as is at least the passenger side tail light. I say insist for a collateral swap from her insurance company so as to get a new shell at least to start with and then negotiate to buy your car back for salvage. Swap everything over to the new car and then scrap the current shell. That's my best bit of advice for you.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #17
JKLedbetter
Marcel's cousin

JKLedbetter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuocisdabomb View Post
im still waiting for the insurance to come n see how much my car is worth and i will deff buy the car back from him.
Beware the salvage title! Some states have passed ridiculous laws that make it very difficult and prohibitively expensive to repair a "totaled" car.

Here in Alabamastan the repairs must be made by a shop with a special salvage license. But the license and required bond are so expensive that only a handful of shops have bothered with it, and of course must charge horrendous prices to recoup the fees and bond.

On top of that, they are required to repair ALL damage whether cosmetic or not, in order to convert the salvage title back into a regular title.

I have a friend who dented the door and rocker panel on a very nice low mileage '90's Lincoln. But since the blue book was so low it was enough to total it. He bought it back from the insurance company thinking he would just drive it with the dents. But then he discovered he would have to spend thousands of dollars to fix it in order to get a regular title.

-Kennon
JKLedbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
94LegendaryAcuraGS
The Mad Scientist!!

94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about94LegendaryAcuraGS has a spectacular aura about

Well salvage titles are plenty of fun. hgeez: In Alabamastan the license for the shop isn't the problem its the required mandatory salvage dealer AND used motor vehicle dealer shop bonding that's the issue. They aren't expensive IF the shop owner has A1 credit ($100 per bond). However bad/shaky credit and the bond can run you upwards of $2500 each not to mention the mandatory minimum $75K garage liability insurance required. That insurance typically runs about $1000 - $1500 a year. They've done that here for TWO reasons.1) They don't want Bubba to just put his truck back together and drive it down the road and 2) they have had a TON of dealerships close down without paying their taxes and so the bond companies got stuck paying the taxes, fees and penalties of the dealers on defaulted bonds. The bond minimum is $10K and here they are so retardedly slow (sorry for the cruel useage of this non politically correct term) that the payout almost always hits the $10K mark. So for what could have been $100 paid for the bond the payout could literally be 100 times more. Oh and in this state once a vehicle has been declared a total insurance loss there is NO converting of a salvage title to a regular one regardless of the amount of damage. That's why I keep saying get a collateral swap for a new chassis and try to buy back the totaled car so you can swap your parts to the new body. You'll have a near IMPOSSIBLE time to get more than liability insurance on a salvage title car in this "Republic of Alabamastan".

Last edited by 94LegendaryAcuraGS; 06-05-2013 at 08:27 PM.
94LegendaryAcuraGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

damn man i bet the text was "hold on im about to have an accident " or " hold on this guys is going to be pissed at me" my question is how did she not see that car let alone a head on with her own that shit is shinny!

btw where in pa are you?

Last edited by bboarder711; 06-14-2013 at 01:49 PM.
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

wait i just noticed it was a pt cruise that did it my god that lady should burn in hell for just driving that
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote