AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 02-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

7psi? stock map is fine.. and jesus fuck thats a small ass turbo like to small.. its a 300hp turbo.

PM BOX IS FULL! Text me 724-584-0340
7/28/10 7:37pm Hell has frozen over Greek REMOVED his engine
1/26/13 7:23pm SHE RUNS! video >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se4r5Y3RjqA
5/18/13 3:27pm DYNO! 577whp/501wtq @19psi
GreekPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #12
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

OK, the turbo is way too small for the Legend's displacement. KKK is a very good turbo manufacturer but the proper KKK turbo for the Legend is a K27. It doesn't "force feed" anything. PSI is meaningless if it doesn't have the volume to feed the motor. Do you know how to read a turbo map/graph? Do you know the calculations to get air flow per minute? We can help you but you need to start at the basics.

-Matt
Old 02-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

sr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to allsr5guy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
7psi? stock map is fine.. and jesus fuck thats a small ass turbo like to small.. its a 300hp turbo.
Stock map is fine? Just bolt it on and go, eh?

-Matt
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #14
GreekPower

GreekPower will become famous soon enoughGreekPower will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GreekPower Send a message via MSN to GreekPower Send a message via Yahoo to GreekPower Send a message via Skype™ to GreekPower

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5guy View Post
Stock map is fine? Just bolt it on and go, eh?

-Matt
from what I rememeber seeing under 7psi "fine" i know you get a CEL.... but then again I'd just spend the 120 bucks and get a AEM 3.5 bar map.

and u know i'm not talking about a 100% stock ecu. I swore telion swears that mostly stock everything will handle 7psi on the map

Old 02-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #15
GreekPower

why not swap ur turbo out for a simple holset hx30 turbo

Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #16
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
from what I rememeber seeing under 7psi "fine" i know you get a CEL.... but then again I'd just spend the 120 bucks and get a AEM 3.5 bar map.

and u know i'm not talking about a 100% stock ecu. I swore telion swears that mostly stock everything will handle 7psi on the map
Uhhhh stop talking out of your ass and confusing this thread. The only way the stock ECU will handle boost is with a rising rate FPR/Map/AFC HACKS. Telion never had his car running boost on the stock ECU with full mapped control, trust me.

-Matt
Old 02-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
slammed on six

slammed on six is on a distinguished road

let me start by saying using forums is not that great of a task for me, im not really a typer which will make this hard, but I have discussed my set up with people who have delt with with turbos in the past, im not looking "go big or go home" i was racing a mustang and jumped my car in an intersection and after that i parked it and said well enough with that lets actually have some real fun getting my hands dirty, if i wanted the "go big or go home" effect i would take thids motor and put it in a cb7 or something or do something that i can find a lot more parts to modify my car with.
slammed on six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
sr5guy
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed on six View Post
let me start by saying using forums is not that great of a task for me, im not really a typer which will make this hard, but I have discussed my set up with people who have delt with with turbos in the past, im not looking "go big or go home" i was racing a mustang and jumped my car in an intersection and after that i parked it and said well enough with that lets actually have some real fun getting my hands dirty, if i wanted the "go big or go home" effect i would take thids motor and put it in a cb7 or something or do something that i can find a lot more parts to modify my car with.

Good for you homey. Basically you want help to half-ass something that's not going to work. You don't have to "go big or go home", but if your not doing it right I'm wasting my time helping you.

I'll kindly exit this thread now.

-Matt
Old 02-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #19
slammed on six

slammed on six is on a distinguished road

me to thanks for the help
slammed on six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #20
TJcars2
The Mad Scientist

TJcars2 is on a distinguished road

I don't see why everyone has to be a dick. The guy came here looking for help.
I don't see how his setup is 'half-assing everything'. So he picked a small turbo. It won't be good for top-end but shit he's only trying to run 7-10 psi.

It would be helpful to see the setup if he could post some pictures. If he has to use a 'hack way' to do it then so be it. It's temporary. I don't see the problem with adjustable/rising rate FPRs to do light tuning. No, it's not the most efficient, but it's safe if you know what you're doing. Tuning the ECU isn't the only 'right' way to do things. However, I don't believe in things like the Apexi AFC or map clips or anything of the sort. Those are just tricking the ecu and WILL fuck things up. That's what I consider 'half-assed'.

Last edited by TJcars2; 02-22-2013 at 10:14 AM.
TJcars2 is offline   Reply With Quote