AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend Performance Enhancements

Old 08-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
AllProsNoCons
All I do is win

AllProsNoCons is on a distinguished road
Default ST Lowering Springs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ST-Suspensio...ht_2752wt_1404

So I just bought these on ebay for $100 and I was wondering if anyone on this forum has used them or knows someone that has used them. I've read around on the brand they seem to be reputable, If anyone has pics of before and after I'd be super grateful. If anyone has experience with these I got a few questions, hows the ride is it stiff or bouncy? Is 1.4" a noticeable drop? How was the wear on stock struts? Any input would be great, thanks guys!

These springs are probably temporary for me until I can save up the cash for ground controls, I just couldn't pass up what seems like an unbeatable deal.

Last edited by AllProsNoCons; 08-31-2012 at 05:50 PM.
AllProsNoCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Vipstats

Vipstats is on a distinguished road

I haven't heard of them before but i'm sure someone here might have. 1.4 inches should be noticeable, not drastic but noticeable. For $100 bucks, can't complain. Let us know what the results are.
Vipstats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Team LR
UndaUGal

Team LR is on a distinguished road

Never heard of them either but if you do get them buy a set of konis and save yourself the head ache, stock struts are only good up to bout a 1.1 drop or less, anything else u risk blowing them quick n be paying or doin double the work
Old 09-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
94_GS_Sedan

94_GS_Sedan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team LR View Post
Never heard of them either but if you do get them buy a set of konis and save yourself the head ache, stock struts are only good up to bout a 1.1 drop or less, anything else u risk blowing them quick n be paying or doin double the work
+1 on this....you either need lowering struts such as koni's or you might try using extended top hats, but even then the money is better spent on the struts themselves.

-Sayed
94_GS_Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Beeze
O.G. in O.C.

Beeze is on a distinguished road

I have been running Suspension Techniques "sport-tech" lowering springs on my G1 for years now and have had no problems, they are good quality springs as far as I am concerned.
Beeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
AllProsNoCons
All I do is win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team LR View Post
I was planning on buying them when the struts blow out, probably with ground control coilovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeze View Post
I have been running Suspension Techniques "sport-tech" lowering springs on my G1 for years now and have had no problems, they are good quality springs as far as I am concerned.
Thats good to hear, do they ride nice? are you riding on stock struts?

I'll be sure to take pics, I can't help but to take pics all the time. I just love the way legends look and always thought it'd look sexier lowered. I'm definetly pretty excited!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
Beeze
O.G. in O.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllProsNoCons View Post

The ride is defiantly bearable, even with the stiff absorber extension/compression of the Tokico blues I am currently running.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #8
Beeze
O.G. in O.C.

Quote:

The ride is defiantly Bearable, even with the stiff absorber extension/compression of the Tokico blues i am currently running.

P.S. The springs may not be green when you receive them. Mine were grey.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
AllProsNoCons
All I do is win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeze View Post
The ride is defiantly Bearable, even with the stiff absorber extension/compression of the Tokico blues i am currently running.

P.S. The springs may not be green when you receive them. Mine were grey.
BAWWWW

The thought did cross my mind that they may not come in green, but I thought it'd be kinda cool lookin. But I'm not too upset lol, did you ever run them on the stock strut? How do you feel about the drop? Do you wish you could've just gotten that extra .5"? I was thinking about a 2" drop, but I just don't have the money to buy the coilover sleeves gotta save up. I couldn't even find springs that would get me that low and the prices for them were astronomical!

Thanks for all the input everybody, I've been a lurker on this forum for the past 2 months. I've learned a lot of things I didn't know about legends since then, Even had a few questions I had in mind answered without even asking by browsing. Definetly a plus to have a forum dedicated to your car that actually helps you out when you need it! Just thought I'd say it seems that most people on this forum are pretty knowledgeable and willing to help.

EDIT:
I just saw your sig and noticed that your g1 is in there, looks like a larger drop that 1.5"/1.4". Is it because of your rim/tire size?

Last edited by AllProsNoCons; 09-02-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: ima retard
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
Beeze
O.G. in O.C.

Quote:
BAWWWW

The thought did cross my mind that they may not come in green, but I thought it'd be kinda cool lookin. But I'm not too upset lol, did you ever run them on the stock strut? How do you feel about the drop? Do you wish you could've just gotten that extra .5"? I was thinking about a 2" drop, but I just don't have the money to buy the coilover sleeves gotta save up. I couldn't even find springs that would get me that low and the prices for them were astronomical!

Thanks for all the input everybody, I've been a lurker on this forum for the past 2 months. I've learned a lot of things I didn't know about legends since then, Even had a few questions I had in mind answered without even asking by browsing. Definetly a plus to have a forum dedicated to your car that actually helps you out when you need it! Just thought I'd say it seems that most people on this forum are pretty knowledgeable and willing to help.

EDIT:
I just saw your sig and noticed that your g1 is in there, looks like a larger drop that 1.5"/1.4". Is it because of your rim/tire size?

No I never ran them on a stock strut always have been on the Tokicos'.

I am alright with the drop I like where it currently sits.

Naw, I think the drop is just right, but I am not sure how it will look on your G2.

The Drop in my sig was back when I was running some sh*tty Integra/civic coilovers.
This is what the drop looks like with the ST springs on my G1.