AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Site Feedback and Requests > Feedback and Requests

Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #31
Quaraxkad
Moderator?

Quaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of lightQuaraxkad is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Quaraxkad

I don't think relying on the users to make use of the Report Post button is enough. Especially when it specifically says that the Report Post feature is only to be used for spam and "e-fights". Most users don't care enough to report, or don't even realize when a thread is mis-posted because they only use the "New Posts" link when reading the forum. There should be someone around who does read every single post and will take the initiative to handle things like this as they come up, even if it may seem unimportant or insignificant to the others.
Quaraxkad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #32
Andyrst
Refinement Engineer

Andyrst is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Andyrst Send a message via Yahoo to Andyrst

Crispy are you telling on yourself again?
Andyrst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #33
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Yup thats exactly what you do....in the message box just write what the issue is (not enough posts to sell...should be in performance section...should be in water cooler....duplicate post....etc etc etc)...

I just went through that whole list from Q in about 10 minutes. This isnt exactly rocket surgery. But for sure nothings going to get done if we dont see the problem and if nobody tells us about it.

Also, this is a perfect example of judgment calls. Some of those things you put Q were (IMO) in an appropriate place on the forum or needed no changes. The 3.5 DIY's we'll have to think about...

I was maybe asking myself why I was editing threads that went back as far as 6 weeks and November 2011, but hey whatever, you guys wanted it done and it got done...
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
I don't think relying on the users to make use of the Report Post button is enough. Especially when it specifically says that the Report Post feature is only to be used for spam and "e-fights". Most users don't care enough to report, or don't even realize when a thread is mis-posted because they only use the "New Posts" link when reading the forum. There should be someone around who does read every single post and will take the initiative to handle things like this as they come up, even if it may seem unimportant or insignificant to the others.

Changing the language on that report post button is easy though. Back in the day when we had way more to do...yeah that button should have been reserved for more important issues. But looking at the way people interact on here now and the types of issues we run into (pretty much that whole list you posted) it seems to me that this is the new job of the button.

Nothing against you. I agree you are an asset to this place and have done a lot of great stuff...I'm just trying to convey that the work here is really light for a moderator. Just because something isn't fixed in real time doens't mean it won't get fixed. And things that are reported are fixed fairly quickly by somebody (not just me) as opposed to the things that will rely on one of us stumbling across it. I think more use of the Report Button is really what we need here. Not another mod to wait around for something to happen. Of course (again) that is just my opinion and experience based on the actual amount of Mod work that I have to do around here....maybe Graeme feels differently...

Besides, nobody should have to read every post on here. Who has that kind of time (or life)?
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
4HondaOwner
Premium Gas Only

4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough4HondaOwner is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower View Post
With someone who can access the forum 24/7 is what we need.
First prerequisite: Somebody who is able to drive their Legend 24/7.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #36
Homeboyx
Pimp Hand Strong

Homeboyx has a spectacular aura aboutHomeboyx has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Homeboyx Send a message via Yahoo to Homeboyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HondaOwner View Post
First prerequisite: Somebody who is able to drive their Legend 24/7.
Must we really go there?

RIP Fut
"A Legend Never Dies..." -Yours Truly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotetu View Post
When something is so obviously wrong and draws your attention this strongly, you should look around to see what it's drawing attention away from.
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #37
Chrispy
Pisser of Parades

Chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of lightChrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrst View Post
Crispy are you telling on yourself again?
I dont think I am......:dunno: .....but then again...
If by some chance I have given you the impression that I care or that I give a f&%k, be advised that this user does, in fact, give less than a fraction of a f&%k what you think. Zero f&%ks have been given by this user in this post. Have a nice day

Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #38
Mike Diaz
Super Duper Member

Mike Diaz will become famous soon enoughMike Diaz will become famous soon enough

I'm here, holding the ban stick, but this damn thing has cobwebs on it.

3.5 swaps, head gasket replacements, and 5/6 speed swaps done in less than a week. PM for a quote.
Mike Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #39
rwheadon
S*L*O*W

rwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the roughrwheadon is a jewel in the rough

all this talk about mods!

I have so many yet to do myself:
* The auto up/down mod
* The CL passthrough mod
* The 3.5 T2 mod

<- blinks wondering why everyone is so upset about not having enough mods

rich

EDIT:
* The projector mod
* The tilt mod
* The camber mod

* Your smoking 3.2 engine is probably ok... replace your valve guide seals before condemning it!
rwheadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #40
ActionJackson
Legends to go,please

ActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the roughActionJackson is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheadon View Post
<- blinks wondering why everyone is so upset about not having enough mods rich
Me, also. I don't have hardly any mods, but I think the forum mods we have are doing a fine job.