AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Second Generation Legend -- 1991 - 1995 > 2nd Gen. Legend General Discussion

Old 12-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #11
gsdreams

gsdreams is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
It says 4 ohm right on the speaker.

So either it was a replacement speaker in the RL, or not every RL came with Premium Bose at 2ohms

If the speaker has 30w max (not RMS) I wouldnt get your hopes up Jay. It will be a fair and cheap replacement, but dont expect crazy awesome sound.
My fault, I was thinking he had pulled those out of "his car". Not the ones out of the RL. I got it backwards on which speakers he was dealing with.

I'm not positive on the Premium in every RL. The Service manual makes it "appear" they all had it, but that doesn't always mean anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend37 View Post
All I got to say is, once you drive a Legend, you fall in love forever.
gsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
antik
I blame the M3.

antik will become famous soon enoughantik will become famous soon enough

Why are we talking about Bose replacement speakers for the 91L? It's not a Bose system.

Acura replacement speakers are apt to sound better than an aftermarket set but it's not a blanket rule: try it and see. The stock paper-coned speakers are more efficient than most aftermarket hardware. The Bose systems, in particular, where remarkable for their time and still do well today.

However, the 91L should have the non-Bose head unit (with the EQ on it) and didn't come with the Bose 4ohm component drivers that the later cars with Bose head units came with. I'm sure the Bose speakers would be compatible but you'd want more than just the woofer driver that sells for $40. You'll want the tweeters too and then it all won't just drop in.

Ultimately, the right answer is to try it. Sound is too subjective for the internet at large to know which sounds better to an individual.

'95 Auto L Sedan [SOLD]
ADDCO | MLS | KNUKONCEPTZ | ALPINE | ECLIPSE | JL AUDIO | HAWK | ATE

antik is offline   Reply With Quote