AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present  

Go Back   AcuraLegend.Org - The Acura Legend Forum for All Generations of the Honda / Acura Legend; 1986 to Present > Off-Topic > The Water Cooler

Old 09-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
smokinfastlegend
Gone.

smokinfastlegend will become famous soon enoughsmokinfastlegend will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to smokinfastlegend
Default Fut memorial stickers?

Well I am going to see about having these made this weekend.

The sticker I was going to do was this:

To me its more serious, while i like the smilie symbol, I have always been reserved more toward a serious/somber type of memorial.

I wanted to know the interest in this sticker before I had it made. it would be a sticker (not a vinyl cut out, which should increase longevity as thin vinyl cuts tend to peel.) It would roughly look like these, which I had made for nalm 09.

I dont have a ruler, but they are roughly 1.75" x 6"

I was thinking cost would be something like $5 a sticker (this is based off the idea that the cost has not risen since I last had stickers made), to cover cost of printing and shipping and any left over would be donated on behalf of the forum toward cancer research.

If you are interested, post up.

I have to thank rich for letting us use the design, as he made the silhouette 2 years ago for nalm 08.

Last edited by smokinfastlegend; 09-29-2010 at 08:24 PM.
smokinfastlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

YES PLEASE!
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
OLDSKOOLACURA
legend love

OLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enoughOLDSKOOLACURA will become famous soon enough

i'll take two
I'd just be sooo tempted to shoot just random stuff. Street lights, assholes, things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLACURA View Post
most people take pride in having a new car, I take pride in having a old car that looks new
OLDSKOOLACURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Some prototypes of both stickers are already getting printed up...I will wait to see if the person coordinating this wants to chime in....otherwise I'd consider them as "in-process".

(I'm not posting who it is simply so that they are not suddenly inundated with PMs lol).
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
smokinfastlegend
Gone.

smokinfastlegend will become famous soon enoughsmokinfastlegend will become famous soon enough

So I shouldnt even waste my efforts? Gabe, if you could pm me with who is trying to spearhead this designs sticker, please do. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
sam o nela
Banned

sam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of lightsam o nela is a glorious beacon of light

Sure thing...pm sent...
RIP fut
sam o nela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #7
mxsloan

mxsloan is on a distinguished road

Send me a pm as well, either way put me down for 2 of these
mxsloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #8
bboarder711
Official Photog

bboarder711 will become famous soon enoughbboarder711 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bboarder711

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam o nela View Post
Some prototypes of both stickers are already getting printed up...I will wait to see if the person coordinating this wants to chime in....otherwise I'd consider them as "in-process".

(I'm not posting who it is simply so that they are not suddenly inundated with PMs lol).
problem is I only sent out 2 copies of the full resolution design . 1 to joey and the other to a shop.

for this sticker to be good you will need to the high res copy. I feel that we should not be devided at all on this and we should be a community. Fut helped us all. I do feel there are some bigger players in these stickers who are being left out. and thats not right. Lets work together on this one.

Last edited by bboarder711; 09-30-2010 at 04:51 AM.
bboarder711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
SickSUN71
DEUS EX MACHINA

SickSUN71 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to SickSUN71

That design is cool but. the reason I like the smilie because it represented who he was as a person... He didn't seem like a person who wanted sorrow. He liked to be cool and joke easy going a fun. He got a lot done. Not just for us but for a lot of people.. His smilie was created because of his attitude and that's a good memory to leave someone with.... I hope I didn't offend anyone
One...
Fut :2cool:
SickSUN71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #10
smokinfastlegend
Gone.

Not offending anyone at all mario. I liked the silhouette because its kind of gone but still there (fut physically wont be here, but his spirit is still with the community.)

These stickers are going to be made, i will try to have these made this weekend.